ISTS Support Technician - Mobile, AL
- Mobile, AL
This position will provide IT break-fix maintenance support encompassing servers, desktop computers, printing, point of sale, barcode scanners, weighing devices, and networking systems. Work schedule will largely be 08:00 - 16:30 at least five days per week and could include weekends and holidays as needed. Exact schedule will be determined by the managing supervisor based upon the needs of the overall team.
Hours of Work:
Rotating work hours.
Frequency of Pay:
Minimum Base Pay:
Please be sure to monitor your email including your spam folder, daily for communications you may receive during the recruiting and selection process for this position. Please do not use your Publix email address when applying.
Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
A Relocation/Household Good Shipment Allowance will NOT be provided.
4628 Airport Blvd
Year End Bonus:
To reward associates for their contributions to the company for the calendar year, Publix provides a Holiday Bonus in November. In the first year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to 15 hours of pay, and in the second year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to one week's pay if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check. In subsequent years, the bonus is equal to two weeks' pay.
Maximum Base Pay:
•Candidate must live in or near the Mobile, AL area or must be willing to relocate there upon acceptance of the position. Candidates living in adjacent areas may be considered based on driving distance.
• Associates degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• one year of PC/Technical support experience
• basic understanding of Active Directory
• basic understanding of IT hardware and industry standards
• basic understanding of Windows Operating Systems
• basic understanding of thermal and laser printing
• analytical and troubleshooting skills
• basic cable management skills
• must be at least 20 years of age
• must have a valid driver license and maintain an excellent driving record
• ability and willingness to be on call, work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed and
• willingness to travel out of town for extended periods of time
• ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
• good human relations skills (the ability to work well with others and be a team member)
• obvious enthusiasm, initiative and pride in work, and a
• commitment to Publix and our Mission.
• certifications in the field of electronics or Computer Science such as Cisco Certification, A+ Certification, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, HP Certification, or Lexmark Certification
• knowledge of Publix retail store operations
• experience using problem reporting and ticketing systems
• experience supporting Active Directory
• good organizational, time management, problem-solving and analytical skills
• good verbal and written communication skills
• must be able to work independently and as part of a team
• able to be flexible and handle a high volume of work accurately, and
• be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
Potential Annual Base Pay:
45,032 - 62,088
• Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
• An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
• 401(k) retirement savings plan
• Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
• Group dental plan
• Group vision plan
• Sick pay
• Long-term disability insurance
• Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death \u0026amp; dismemberment benefits)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Vacation pay
• Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
• Paycheck direct deposit
• Credit union
• Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
• 6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager's approval: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).
Back to top