DevOps - Distributed Systems Engineer
- Lakeland, FL
Publix is seeking a DevOps Engineer supporting our delivery teams in adopting agile development practices. The DevOps Engineer will work to help design and support continuous integration / continuous deployment pipelines, educate and provide support for teams to be successful.
The job responsibilities for this position are:
- Design, modify, develop, write and implement software solutions for our continuous integration and continuous deployment processes,
- Create and maintain custom PowerShell, Shell, C# or other relevant script types to perform automated tasks on servers,
- Build cloud-based Infrastructure as Code such as AWS CloudFormation, Terraform and Azure ARM templates,
- Create and maintain Continuous Integration Automation with platforms like Jenkins, Azure DevOps Server, and Gitlab CI,
- Work closely with IT team members and stakeholders and agile teams,
- Assists in defining DevOps and quality guidelines and standards,
- Works closely with Architects to assure all systems are in line with our strategy and,
- Perform ongoing routine DevOps maintenance tasks.
Hours of Work:
Minimum 45 hours per week.
Frequency of Pay:
Minimum Base Pay:
Please be sure to monitor your email including your spam folder, daily for communications you may receive during the recruiting and selection process for this position. Please do not use your Publix email address when applying.
Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
Please note that Publix will not sponsor any hire for this position for an H-1B visa or permanent residence.
321 S. Kentucky Ave
Potential Annual Pay with Bonus:
75,530 - 113,880
Year End Bonus:
As a year-end bonus to associates, Publix issues one month's extra pay (pro-rated in the first year) each year if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check that year.This is calculated as a 13th month of pay in the Potential Annual Pay with Bonus line above.
Maximum Base Pay:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related analytical field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of development experience
- Minimum of two years of experience working with Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Gitlab CI or relevant technologies
- Minimum of two years of supporting DevOps practices
- Minimum of one year of public cloud experience (AWS or Azure)
- Minimum of two years' working with source control systems (GitHub, Bitbucket, Azure DevOps, Microsoft Team Foundation Server / Azure DevOps Server)
- Five years' experience developing, and supporting enterprise applications
- Experience designing, implementing and documenting CI/CD pipelines using Azure DevOps
- Experience with Docker or other containerization technologies
- Experience designing and building CI/CD pipelines to containerize applications
- Experience deploying containerized applications to Kubernetes platforms such as AKS, OpenShift, and etc.
- Experience with Octopus Deploy,
- Experience developing .NET applications,
- Experience developing cloud-based applications that run in Microsoft Azure,
- Linux administration and scripting skills
- Experience performing automated/load tests
- Experience developing metrics to measure improvements using DevOps practices
• Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
• An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
• 401(k) retirement savings plan
• Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
• Group dental plan
• Group vision plan
• Sick pay
• Long-term disability insurance
• Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death \u0026amp; dismemberment benefits)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Vacation pay
• Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
• Paycheck direct deposit
• Credit union
• Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
• 6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager's approval: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).
Back to top