- Lakeland, FL
You will be joining our exciting and newly formed Cloud Center of Excellence. Cloud Center of Excellence is the focal point of the transformationefforts for our IT Modernization project. You will enable the transformation of our Cloud development and operations practices. TheCloud Specialist should have a solid understanding of cloud services and be able to lead a team of cross-functional application developers, infrastructure engineers, and security specialists to promote cloud-first architecture and implementations. You will also be responsible for supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust; seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; participating in various cloud enablement and advocacy activities, and coaching associates on various deployment models of Cloud
This individual should be able to implement large-scale cloud implementations and effectively address information governance and security challenges associated with running workloads on public clouds.
•Provide security architecture support for build, migration, and operation of Azure cloud infrastructure
•Research and evaluate emerging cloud technologies and proactively recommend areas where they can bring business value.
•Develop aspects of the cloud migration initiative, including its impact on infrastructure, networks, and security.
•Define standards and best practices by conducting POCs for new cloud technologies leveraged by the development organization and engineering teams
•Develop a baseline for deliverables to include; network access, restriction of internet-facing resources within the cloud platform, provision and configure computer resources within Azure environment
•Provide expertise and serve as subject matter expert regarding Cloud for both infrastructure and applications in Microsoft Azure
•Work with application teams with their digital Transformation goals and achieve exceptional results retaining maximum associate satisfaction
•Work with the IT Security Team, Solution Architects and Security Operations teams with any security-related issues
•Develop, maintain and drive a culture of continuous enhancement for a robust knowledge management system for the Cloud Operations team
•Establish a continuous improvement plan for Cloud Operations, including technology reviews, root cause analysis, action reports analysis, and cloud portfolio review to ensure adequate infrastructure to provide a suitable operating environment(s) for critical applications.
- Conceptualizing, presenting and executing ideas within a tight schedule, with particular emphases on serving as a technical lead on development projects with on-prem and cloud, or a team lead or architect across multiple software development projects;
•Proven extensive ability to develop Cloud strategy; as well as write, communicate, facilitate, and present cogently; to and/or for all levels of IT audiences, and management, including presentations, training, and executive briefings
•As an SME, the individual should -
a) advise application team with azure security
b) develop a migration strategy for azure security components and overall application components
c) define the operating procedure in a cloud environment
d) support with performance tuning and testing activity
Hours of Work:
Minimum 45 hours per week.
Frequency of Pay:
Minimum Base Pay:
Please be sure to monitor your email including your spam folder, daily for communications you may receive during the recruiting and selection process for this position. Please do not use your Publix email address when applying.
Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
321 S. Kentucky Ave
Potential Annual Pay with Bonus:
77,805 - 117,325
Year End Bonus:
As a year-end bonus to associates, Publix issues one month's extra pay (pro-rated in the first year) each year if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check that year.This is calculated as a 13th month of pay in the Potential Annual Pay with Bonus line above.
Maximum Base Pay:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related analytical field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of deploying and supporting cloud services in a large-scale environment.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in one or more cloud providers.
- Minimum of 1 year experience developing software with at least one production implementation in one of the following languages: C#/.NET, Java, Python, or Node.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience writing in a scripting language that implemented a deployment to the cloud or supported a cloud workload.
- Minimum of 1 year experience working with relational and/or NoSQL databases.
- Practical knowledge of web application security.
- Minimum of 1 year as a contributor to the design of distributed and highly available cloud solutions.
- Familiarity with 1 or more version control systems (Git, Perforce, SVN, TFS/VSTS/Azure DevOps).
- At least one EXPERT-level certification in a cloud platform technology (e.g. Azure, AWS, GCP) or 3 years cloud operations experience.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Experience configuring direct connections to the cloud from on-premise, gateways, virtual networks, and security segmentation technologies in a production environment.
- Production experience with a hybrid cloud configuration.
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker.
- Experience developing software that is deployed to the cloud.
- Experience writing scripts in PowerShell.
- Experience with SQL Server.
- Experience with Azure Cosmos DB and/or MongoDB.
- Experience working with Azure.
- Experience with VSTS/Azure DevOps deployments.
- Experience with big data clustering technologies (Hadoop, Spark, HDInsight, EMR, etc.).
• Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
• An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
• 401(k) retirement savings plan
• Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
• Group dental plan
• Group vision plan
• Sick pay
• Long-term disability insurance
• Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death \u0026amp; dismemberment benefits)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Vacation pay
• Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
• Paycheck direct deposit
• Credit union
• Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
• 6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager's approval: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).
Back to top