Central Fill Specialist, Part-time, Central Pharmacy - Orlando
- Orlando, FL
Central Fill Specialists will work with Technicians and Pharmacists at the new Central Fill facility in Orlando. Under the supervision of the Central Fill Manager and Pharmacists, they will support the central fill operation with multiple tasks needed to keep the facility operating. Specialists will receive and move large amounts of prescription drugs and supplies throughout the facility. The Specialist will work with several intricate machines including robots, auto-baggers, conveyors and sortation systems to help get prescriptions filled, bagged and shipped to our retail pharmacies. These tasks require vigilant attention to detail and the ability to work at a quick sustained rate for hours. The job is both very technical and very physical. The responsibilities listed on this position analysis are not intended to be all-inclusive and additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Responsible for receiving and checking in inventory and moving them to appropriate place in facility with hand-trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, and cherry pickers. Will also move inventory between storage locations, letting down inventory as needed, opening cases and stocking shelves, flow racks and refrigerated room
- Responsible for receiving supplies and totes returning from stores, cleaning and stacking totes, stacking and placing gel-packs in freezer, cleaning and stacking foam coolers, and segregating returns
- Responsible for labeling shipping totes and placing them in the correct location in sortation machine, ready to accept completed prescriptions
- Responsible for loading consumables (bags, paper, labels) continuously into all robots and packing machines, and operating packing machines (placing prescriptions and paperwork into prescription bags), clearing jams and solving other issues with machines
- Responsible for the recovery maintenance (robot resets, dispenser resets, and canister cleaning, following detailed instructions), daily machine cleaning and maintenance, and grooming sealed prescription bags on conveyor to ensure correct tote assignment
- Responsible for manifesting, packing totes and coolers, and loading completed totes and coolers of prescriptions, and placing on trucks for delivery
- Responsible for trash and recycling handling, bailing cardboard, and removal (using equipment).
Hours of Work:
Monday - Sunday with flexibility for varied scheduled between the hours of 5am and 2am
Frequency of Pay:
Minimum Base Pay:
Please be sure to monitor your email including your spam folder, daily for communications you may receive during the recruiting and selection process for this position. Please do not use your Publix email address when applying. Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
2424 Orlando Central Pkwy
Year End Bonus:
To reward associates for their contributions to the company for the calendar year, Publix provides a Holiday Bonus in November. The bonus for this position is 8 hours of pay when a new associate joins Publix prior to July 1. There is no bonus in the first year for associates hired after July 1. In subsequent years, the bonus is equal to 8 hours' pay if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check.
Maximum Base Pay:
- High School diploma or equivalent experience
- One (1) year experience working in a retail environment, or one (1) year experience in a central fill, mail order or specialty pharmacy environment, or one (1) year experience in a warehouse-type environment
- Must be knowledgeable of the retail pharmacy industry
- Must be knowledgeable of pharmacy-related software and other software used in Publix's retail and warehouse locations
- Must be knowledgeable of pharmacy laws, rules and Publix's operating policies and procedures
- Ability to stand, walk, lift, carry and other physical abilities for extended periods of time without leaving the assignment
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to notice, diagnose and solve developing or existing problems with many of the machines and other technology in Central Fill; including robots, conveyors, packing and sorting equipment
- For retrieving items from shelves; the ability to correctly perceive the size, shape, color, temperature, or texture of packaged items by touching with fingertips. To see items in close proximity and be able to identify and distinguish colors and markings
- Lift, carry, push or pull up to 50 pounds
- Organizational and time management skills. Ability to read, interpret and act upon information presented
- Human relation and problem solving skills
- Willingness to work a variable daily schedule (initially 7am to 10pm, but could be extended) including nights and weekends and all holidays.
- Associate's or other advanced degrees in any field
- Two (2) or more years' experience working in a retail, central fill, mail order or specialty pharmacy, or other similar environment
- Any experience with Innovation automation equipment and/or software
- Experience with industrial equipment including conveyors, balers, hand-trucks, pallet jacks, fork lifts and cherry pickers
- Certification to operate industrial equipment (forklifts and cherry pickers).
Potential Annual Base Pay:
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Paycheck direct deposit
- Credit union
- Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
Back to top