Catering Consultant - Sarasota, FL
- Sarasota, FL
• works with management to organize and manage event planning and catering efforts
• conducts sales calls to various businesses as needed to solicit event planning, catering and Cooking School sales
• consults with customers to plan various functions including birthdays, weddings, business meetings and community activities
• delivers orders outside of work location to customers' events
• actively engages customers in discussion of products and services available and makes recommendations to customers based on discussions
• operates software to assist in planning, creating orders and making Cooking School reservations
• processes orders for special events
• maintains good public relations and follows up on customer and associate issues as needed.
Hours of Work:
The hours fluctuate and weekends are a must.
Frequency of Pay:
Minimum Base Pay:
Event Planning Operates 7 days per week, schedule varies.
Please be sure to monitor your email including your spam folder, daily for communications you may receive during the recruiting and selection process for this position. Please do not use your Publix email address when applying.
Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
2875 University Pkwy
Year End Bonus:
To reward associates for their contributions to the company for the calendar year, Publix provides a Holiday Bonus in November. In the first year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to 15 hours of pay, and in the second year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to one week's pay if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check. In subsequent years, the bonus is equal to two weeks' pay.
Maximum Base Pay:
• must be at least 18 years old
• must have a valid driver's license
• professional experience with or exposure to event planning activities and/or hospitality industry
• ability to learn basic computer software
• ability to work independently, without close supervision
• have excellent organizational and time management skills
• effective communication and interpersonal skills and
• willingness and ability to travel outside the store for deliveries and special events
Potential Annual Base Pay:
26,000 - 37,960
• Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
• An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
• 401(k) retirement savings plan
• Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
• Group dental plan
• Group vision plan
• Sick pay
• Long-term disability insurance
• Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death \u0026amp; dismemberment benefits)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Vacation pay
• Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
• Paycheck direct deposit
• Credit union
• Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
• 6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager's approval: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).
Back to top