- stocking and rotating inventory
- preparing, cooking, and serving meals for Publix associates and
- washing pots and operating the dishwasher
- the responsibilities listed on this posting are not intended to be all-inclusive and additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- be at least 18 years old
- be able to work nights
- be able to work weekends, holidays, and extended periods of time
- be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- be able to read, write, and solve math problems
- be able to interpret, understand, and follow instructions
- be able to stand for long periods of time
- be able to bend, stoop, and twist
- have at least six months of cooking experience in an environment where a variety of entrees and methods are used (for example, a restaurant, cafeteria, or culinary school)
- have the ability to work well with others and be a team member
- show enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work and
- show commitment to Publix's mission.
- current Lakeland Distribution associate
- have more than six months of cooking experience in an environment where a variety of entrees and methods are used (for example, a restaurant, cafeteria, or culinary school)
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Sick pay
- Paid Parental Leave
- Long-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vacation pay
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Paycheck direct deposit
- Credit union
- Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
- 6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager's approval: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).
Potential Annual Base Pay
27,456 - 37,856
Other Compensation Information
- Night differential: A $.75 per hour night differential is paid to associates regularly scheduled to work any hours between midnight and 3:00 a.m. (this does not include shifts that end at midnight or begin at 3:00AM).
- Weekend premium pay: $2 per hour weekend premium pay is available
Year End Bonus
To reward associates for their contributions to the company for the calendar year, Publix provides a Holiday Bonus in November. The bonus for this position is 8 hours of pay when a new associate joins Publix prior to July 1. There is no bonus in the first year for associates hired after July 1. In subsequent years, the bonus is equal to 8 hours' pay if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check.
Your application may have additional steps that you will need to complete in order to remain eligible for consideration.Please be sure to monitor your email, including your spam folder, on a daily basis for critical, time-sensitive emails that could require action within 24-48 hours.
Please do not use your Publix email address when applying. Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.