Beef Room Operator, AM, Deli - Lakeland
- Lakeland, FL
- trimming meats (beef flats, beef top round, etc.) in accordance with required specifications using manual or electric knives
- operating all equipment including tumblers, injectors, scales, machine lifts, and pallet jacks
- setting up and break down equipment
- mixing brines for products being injected
- maintaining clean equipment in area in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- maintaining up-to-date necessary documentation (run sheets, sanitation reports, HACCP reports, etc.) to be in compliance with USDA and GMP regulations on each piece of equipment
- moving racks that weigh in excess of 1300 pounds and
- other duties as assigned.
Hours of Work:
5:00 am - 1:30 pm, rotating days off
Frequency of Pay:
Minimum Base Pay:
Please be sure to monitor your email including your spam folder, daily for communications you may receive during the recruiting and selection process for this position. Please do not use your Publix email address when applying.
Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
345 N. Galloway Road
Other Compensation Information:
Weekend Differential: A $2.00 per hour weekend differential is paid to associates for hours worked between 12:00 a.m. Saturday through 11:59 p.m. Sunday.
Year End Bonus:
To reward associates for their contributions to the company for the calendar year, Publix provides a Holiday Bonus in November. In the first year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to 15 hours of pay, and in the second year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to one week's pay if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check. In subsequent years, the bonus is equal to two weeks' pay.
Maximum Base Pay:
The required qualifications for this position include:
- must be at least 18 years old
- must demonstrate excellent work habits in line with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- must demonstrate safe working habits
- must have Meat Cutting experience in, Beef, Pork and Poultry
- must possess general knowledge of machine operation with the ability to recognize problems when they occur
- must be able to lift in excess of 50 pounds frequently
- must be able to learn and perform all positions
- must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- must have good human relations skills (the ability to work well with others and be a team player)
- must be able to work any shift, nights, weekends, holidays, and extended hours
- ability to recognize correct spice blends and water combinations used in the Injecting operation
- must be able to work under stressful situations, able to accept change in an effort towards continuous improvement
- must have excellent attendance and punctuality
- must be willing to assist other team members in other areas
- must be able to perform steady and productive work for an extended period of time
- must be able to work efficiently with little or no supervision
- must be able to follow detailed written and verbal instructions
- must possess basic math skills
- must be able to communicate effectively
- must show enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work and
- a commitment to Publix and our mission.
Potential Annual Base Pay:
34,632 - 47,632
Temperatures range from 35 to 40 degrees. Wet and slippery.
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Sick pay
- Long-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death \u0026amp; dismemberment benefits)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vacation pay
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Paycheck direct deposit
- Credit union
- Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
- 6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager's approval: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).
Back to top