ADA Field Surveyor-Jacksonville
- Jacksonville, FL
Publix is currently seeking a ADA Field Surveyor to support and execute Publix's process for conducting ADA surveys and remediation. The position will conduct Publix's pre-acquisition, pre-remodel, post-remodel, and post-new-store ADA surveys for all owned and leased centers. The scope of the surveys will include all interior and exterior design and construction elements applicable under Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act ("ADA"), and some elements applicable under Title I of the ADA. The position will also oversee the remediation of issues identified in his or her surveys (i.e., fixing the issues identified). This is a new department within the Publix organization and we are looking for candidate's with the below qualifications.
Hours of Work:
Minimum of 45 hours per week
Frequency of Pay:
Minimum Base Pay:
Please be sure to monitor your email including your spam folder, daily for communications you may receive during the recruiting and selection process for this position. Please do not use your Publix email address when applying.
Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
9786 W. Beaver St
Potential Annual Pay with Bonus:
56,225 - 84,695
Year End Bonus:
As a year-end bonus to associates, Publix issues one month's extra pay (pro-rated in the first year) each year if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check that year.This is calculated as a 13th month of pay in the Potential Annual Pay with Bonus line above.
Maximum Base Pay:
- Associate's degree in engineering or construction related field, or equivalent experience
- 1 year in engineering or construction related field or equivalent Publix experience
- 1 year of ADA technical experience, surveying, or consulting or equivalent Publix experience
- Knowledge of Title III of the ADA
- Knowledge of 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design and construction project design and/or management
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Valid driver's license and a willingness to travel to stores across all Publix divisions; including overnight stays as required.
- Willingness to work nights and weekends when required.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or construction related field, or equivalent experience
- 4 years in engineering or construction related field, or equivalent Publix experience
- 4 years of ADA technical experience, surveying, or consulting
- Certifications aligned with responsibilities to include project management, engineering, construction management, ADA standards; such as, but not limited to ADA Coordinator Training Certification Program (ACTCP), licensed architect or engineer, registered accessibility specialist, or certified accessibility inspector/examiner
• Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
• An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
• 401(k) retirement savings plan
• Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
• Group dental plan
• Group vision plan
• Sick pay
• Long-term disability insurance
• Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death \u0026amp; dismemberment benefits)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Vacation pay
• Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
• Paycheck direct deposit
• Credit union
• Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
• 6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager's approval: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).
Back to top