Ottawa Fundraising Supervisor
Title: Door Fundraising Supervisor
Direct Manager: Eric Cherpit
Start Date: January 9th 2017
Compensation: $14-$17/Hr; based on experience
Scheduling Requirements: Full Time and weekend availability (25-35 Hours per week)
This is a great opportunity for an experienced charitable fundraiser who is looking to develop themselves professionally in a leadership position. The ideal candidate should be enthusiastic about fundraising, with the ability to lead by example and coach others in the realm of direct fundraising. This is an equal opportunity employment offer and we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Fundraising Management
- Managing Door to door Outreach fundraising crews at targets and goals in Ottawa for select charities
- Developing a detailed understanding of clients and related campaigns
- Presenting information about the organizations and campaigns you represent in a clear and concise manner
- Knowledge of staff well-being and performance
- Being prepared – ensuring staff are equipped with uniform, umbrellas, binders, checking bags before leaving for turf, adequate winter clothing, etc
- Take immediate action with staff and inform managers for breach of code of conduct, behaviours that conflict with consistent fundraising, lateness’s and tardiness
- Empowering and motivating new and existing crew members
- Understanding and respecting work ethics and procedures
- Enforcing the importance of abiding by the schedule and the consequences of unnecessary absences
- Shift preparation
- Completing all necessary forms and paperwork
- Advising and assisting the Door Fundraising Manager when required (e.g. new staff, potential disciplinary measures and firings)
- Be reliable and consistent with a strong work ethic
- Have strong communication, motivation and facilitation skills
- Be very familiar with the structure and management of a street program.
- Take initiative and be highly results driven
- Previous management experience a strong asset
- Be highly energetic and have the ability to thrive in an often stressful working environment
- Be flexible, able to easily adapt to new systems and procedures
- Be highly energetic and flexible with the ability to thrive in challenging situations.
- Be results-driven with the ability to motivate others
- Be motivated to go out and fundraise with the team on a regular basis
- Have good conduct and attitude
Apply online by Thursday, December 25th 2016 Best of luck to all who apply!
Meet Some of Public Outreach's Employees
Fundraising Manager, Toronto Phone Offices
Maryanne recruits, trains, and manages a team of phone fundraisers. She is her team’s biggest cheerleader—constantly motivating them to hit their fundraising goals for a diverse range of organizations.
Back to top