LA Street Fundraising Program Manager
Title: LA Street Fundraising Program Manager
Reports to: LA Street Fundraising Manager
Start Date: ASAP
Compensation: Based on experience
Scheduling Requirements: f/t and weekend availability 30-35 hrs/wk
This is a great opportunity for an experienced fundraiser who is looking to take the next step into fundraising management. The ideal candidate should be enthusiastic about fundraising, with the ability lead by example and coach others while helping to improve their skills in the realm of direct fundraising.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing Street Outreach fundraising crews at targets and goals in LAS for select charities
- Developing a detailed understanding of clients and related campaigns
- Presenting information about the organizations and campaigns you represent in a clear and concise manner
- Knowledge of staff wellbeing and performance
- Being prepared – ensuring staff are equipped with uniform, umbrellas, binders, checking bags before leaving for turf, adequate winter clothing, etc.
- Take immediate action with staff and inform managers for breach of code of conduct, behaviours that conflict with consistent fundraising, lateness’s and tardiness’
- Quality Control
Staff and Program Environment Management
- Empowering and inspiring crew members
- Promoting a nurturing and positive atmosphere within the office and crew
- Understanding and respecting work ethics and procedures
- Promoting a positive reflection of Public Outreach and the fundraising program.
Maintaining Best Training Practices
- Developing and implementing effective on-turf training practices
- Understanding and upholding the importance of new recruit training
- Conversing and developing a rapport with people in a non-confrontational manner
- Staying up-to-date with new training practices.
- Enforcing the importance of abiding by the schedule and the consequences of unnecessary absences
- Shift preparation/ Hand held management
- Completing all necessary forms and paperwork/ cashouts
- Advising and assisting the Street Fundraising Manager when required (e.g. new staff, potential disciplinary measures and firings).
- Be reliable and consistent with a strong work ethic
- Have strong communication, motivation and facilitation skills
- Be very familiar with the structure and management of a street program.
- Take initiative and be highly results driven
- Previous management experience a strong asset
- Be highly energetic and have the ability to thrive in an often stressful working environment
- Be flexible, able to easily adapt to new systems and procedures
- Be highly energetic and flexible with the ability to thrive in challenging situations.
- Be results-driven with the ability to motivate others
- Be motivated to go out and fundraise with the team on a regular basis
- Have good conduct and attitude
- Currently hold a minimum of 5 PPH over the last four weeks
- Reliable with a very strong work ethic and an innate drive to be successful.
Got what it takes? APPLY! Send cover letter and CV to [email protected] with the subject line LA Street FPM by Monday June 20th at 5:00 PM PST.
Meet Some of Public Outreach's Employees
Fundraising Manager, Toronto Phone Offices
Maryanne recruits, trains, and manages a team of phone fundraisers. She is her team’s biggest cheerleader—constantly motivating them to hit their fundraising goals for a diverse range of organizations.
Back to top