ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
PTFS, a Maryland-based company providing digital archiving and library solutions, as well as professional services including digitization, library staffing, and integration services, has an immediate opening for Scanner Operator Level IV with active TS/SCI FS Poly. This position produces high-quality work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment based on stringent client expectations within PTFS\u0026rsquo;s Digitization Division.
Scanner Operator Level IV w/ TS/SCI FS Poly
- 1+ years scanning/imaging or equivalent work experience preferred
- Knowledge of Widows and Windows based applications to include Word, Excel, etc.
- Knowledge of scanning software to include Kodak, Fujitsu, nextScan, Mekel, Zeutschel, Contex applications, etc.
- Manual quality assurance (electronic review of images by scan unit output from scan for image quality, orientation, and clarity)
- Output quality assurance (review post-scan output for image \u0026quot;hang-ups,\u0026quot; processing anomalies, and deliverable image quality and accessibility)
- Document reassembly of documents or assets. Materials must be returned to the same condition in which it was received prior to processing to return them their place of origin
- Ability to identify and create metadata via data entry and/or semi-automated methodologies in accordance to digitization project requirements
- Ability to identity document breaks and/or perform unitization tasks in accordance to digitization project requirements
- Knowledge of and ability to learn additional production software to include IrfanView, TextPad, ScanFix, AutoImager, ABBYY products, etc.
- Upload deliverable outputs (completing the final delivery requirements that meet project specific work instructions)
- Attention to detail, common sense, ability to recognize errors and discrepancies
- Responsible for bringing errors and/or issues to supervisors\u0026rsquo; attention
- Work in conjunction w/ Team Lead or other supervisory staff to manage QC/QA for projects
- May be selected by supervisory staff to work independently or with a group scanning operators for a specific project and/or multiple project tasks.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Education \u0026ndash; High school diploma (at the minimum) or other related experience
Qualifications \u0026ndash; Knowledge of Windows and Windows based applications; Knowledge of conversion of paper, photographs, microfilm, microfiche, slides, video, audio, etc. to digital files using a variety of scanners, hardware, and software. English language proficiency.
- Ability to quickly adapt and initiative to learn new processes
- Flexibility to quickly transition from various multiple projects in any given time
- Ability to work together as a member of the team
- 35 WPM
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL FACTORS
Must be able to pick up and move boxes up to 30 lbs. Work schedules may be subject to change dependent on project and customer requirements and deadlines.