Vice President, Synthesis & Knowledge Management
- Newark, NJ
We are looking for an experienced insights leader to further build out the existing secondary research and knowledge management capabilities by adding a consistent focus on marketing competitive intelligence, synthesizing information across primary, secondary and syndicated sources, and storytelling to highlight relevant implications and compel insights-based actions.
This leader will lead a small team comprise of audience insights experts across different constituents (consumers, employers/ plan sponsors, advisors and institutional asset managers). As the team's focus is on sourcing, interpreting, sharing and using the knowledge and insights generated across various sources, knowledge management will be an important focus for this team. To be successful in this role, the leader must possess excellent collaboration skills and will engage with multiple stakeholders inside and outside of the Market Research & Analytics team, including business intelligence and competitive intelligence teams across the enterprise.
- Operational management of a small, high performing team of audience experts. This may include attracting, developing and retaining talent, help promote a team culture of top performance and high morale; analyze and improve processes, and work to improve quality, productivity and efficiency.
- Bring an outside-in perspective by infusing an understanding of the audience, macro and competitive trends to inform decision making.
- Develop a marketing competitive intelligence learning plan to help Prudential drive differentiation in brand, engagement and experience.
- Build and manage a comprehensive knowledgebase that can also become strategic assets for the company and work across businesses and functions to ensure knowledge permeates the broader enterprise.
- Collaborate with insights consultants to fine tune learning agenda and research objectives by leveraging existing knowledge inside and outside the company.
- Partner with the VP of Integrated Insights Transformation to deliver on outcomes and success measures of Transformation Initiative focused on driving role clarity in insights capabilities.
- Partner across BI and CI teams to clearly define and articulate the value and mission of each discipline to ensure consistent understanding across the enterprise.
- Establish points of connectivity across disciplines to eliminate duplicative work and redundant efforts.
- Formalize a collaboration model to increase the value and utility of insights and drive fact-based decision making and customer obsession.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA or advanced degree preferred
- 12 years direct experience in one or more insights disciplines, including primary and secondary research, voice of the customer, competitive intelligence, business intelligence.
- Financial services experience and understanding of key B2B constituents (financial advisors, employers, plan sponsors, asset managers) preferred.
- Superb inductive reasoning ability, with exceptional critical thinking, pattern recognition skills and detail orientation.
- Working knowledge of knowledge management technologies/ platforms preferred.
- Natural storyteller with exceptional written and oral communication skills, with ability to develop and present a clear and compelling narrative based on insights curated from various sources.
- Outstanding influence skills and demonstrated ability to inspire collaboration across teams, build partnerships and lead cross functional teams.
- A "player-coach" who is comfortable stepping back to empower others but can roll up his/her sleeves and work alongside the team.
- Consultative nature, with proven track record of using data to answer business questions
Back to top