CTO Reporting Development Product Owner
Prudential's CTO organization is hiring a CTO Reporting Development Product Owner to drive the product vision and strategy, own the customer relationship and successfully lead a team toward the vision.
As a Product Owner, this person will represent the voice of the customer. They are empowered to make on-the-spot decisions on scope and requirements, as well as manage and prioritize the Product Backlog to maximize business value. The successful candidate must have specific business and technical knowledge of reporting capabilities; from data requirements, ETL tools, business intelligence and visualization tools (such as Tableau and Power BI), and aggregation and collaboration tools (such as Confluence and SharePoint).
- Owns the user experience and direction for the product
- Acts as the primary customer representative for Agile Pod(s) to connect customer and product
- Gathers requirements from the customer and translates their needs into features
- Manages the product backlog and lead the epic / user story creation and development
- Responsible for story prioritization, acceptance criteria definition and release planning
- Works with the Scrum Master, Solution Engineers and Test Engineers to plan sprints
- Works with Solution Architect and Technical Architect to understand and prioritize enabler work
- Maintains new and existing customer relationships, informs customer of market conditions and updates them on technology disruption and economic trends
- Attends planning sessions, stand-ups, retrospectives, sprint reviews to maintain close interaction with teams to ensure alignment on vision & value delivery
- Identifies market/customer needs and ROI; Responsible for defining a strategic multi-year plan impacting product decision
- Effectively uses metrics and data visualization to report progress and supports data-driven decision-making
- Strong technical experience; minimum 10 years of design, implementation and running enterprise wide reporting solutions for senior business and/or technology leadership.
- Focus and understanding of modern user experience needs for web, mobile, dashboards etc.
- Ability to conduct continuous exploration of customer needs using a variety of methods
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills, with ability to communicate complex messages and trade-offs to tell a compelling story
- Ability to work effectively across the organization and influence a diverse group of stakeholders including small to large teams of technical experts
- Exhibits strategic thinking capabilities, problem solving skills, strong execution, and accountability for outcomes
- Proven ability to influence and collaborate with others and drive results
- Ability to translate business need into technical terms
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Balancing tactical outcomes and strategic direction
- Understands Lean-Agile principles and practices
- Global mindset
- Experience in Agile Development