Vice President, Privacy Program Compliance and Capabilities
VP, Privacy Program Compliance and Capabilities
Prudential Financial, Inc . is a leading U.S. based publicly traded global life insurance and diversified financial services corporation with a world class brand and balance sheet. The company is committed to helping customers grow and protect their wealth through a variety of products and services including life insurance, annuities, investments and retirement-related services.
We are seeking a Vice President of Privacy Program Compliance and Capabilities. This position reports directly to Prudential's Global Chief Privacy Officer. The Global Privacy Office sits within the Law, Compliance and Business Ethics organization.
The VP, Privacy Program Compliance and Capabilities is a key member of the Global Privacy Office and is engaged in the design, implementation and maintenance of the global privacy program in Prudential's operations. The individual will lead privacy projects, provide consultation around new product development, provide strategy around the collection, use, storage and disposal of customer/employee personal information, and act as a key educational leader for privacy strategy. This role represents the global oversight function (second line of defense) for the Global Privacy Office.
- Serves as a senior member of the Global Privacy Office supporting strategic enhancement of the Global Privacy Framework and the development, execution and oversight of global Privacy compliance and technology strategies.
- Identify and drive the design, development, delivery and maintenance of best-in-class privacy compliance platform capabilities, tools and processes.
- Oversee, administer and maintain the Global Data Protection and compliance requirements for the tools and technology solutions like OneTrust used within the Global Privacy Office
- Expert in data protection principles, theories, and concepts of privacy compliance; including industry knowledge of implementing controls within processes and tools
- Excellent in-depth understanding and working experience with compliance guidelines and regulations such as GDPR, HIPAA, CCPA and the NIST standards
- Build and implement a proactive, strategic privacy monitoring and reporting program that is risk-based and data driven using compliance metrics and other analytical data.
- Drive projects that are highly complex and require compliance risk management skills Responsibilities
- Proactively drive and lead privacy platform related education, insight and training to privacy stakeholders.
- Lead complex, cross-functional projects with stakeholders from Legal, Regulatory, Risk, IT and other functions and businesses related to privacy and information lifecycle management, data migration and disposition.
- Develop strategic communications to align leadership and business stakeholders on data privacy activities across the enterprise.
- Keep abreast of Privacy related regulatory changes, new regulations and internal policy changes in order to further identify new key risk areas and technical solutions to enable business . Support management reporting on Privacy risk and compliance issues and trends for senior management meetings and other governance meetings.
- Additional duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of privacy experience in financial services. The successful candidate may come from another segment of diversified financial services or another control discipline (compliance, legal, regulatory, audit, information security or risk). The successful candidate will bring technical privacy expertise with superior knowledge, skills and experience in regulatory related matters. Additional specific requirements include:
- Ability to align data privacy objectives with security and compliance objectives.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Strong talent leader with experience in development, coaching and motivating staff.
- Proven collaboration competency with a willingness to partner with team members and other business associates at all levels.
- Must be able to translate strategy into action with proven project management and implementation skills and competency in leading execution.
- Comfort with taking intelligent risks with the ability to make and advocate sound judgment recommendations and provide advice grounded in consumer advocacy, practical application of regulatory requirements and sound business practices.
- Strong technical knowledge and ability to understand computer networking concepts and protocols and network security methodologies.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required, and JD, MBA or advanced degree preferred .
- Position involves occasional travel to other Prudential facilities, including international locations.
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) a plus
C ompensation will include a competitive base salary plus a performance-based bonus and equity opportunity.
Meet Some of Prudential's Employees
Whitney J.Senior Digital Product Manager, Customer Office
Whitney figures out how Prudential’s products can achieve business outcomes while meeting customer demands. She then works with the tech and design teams to bring those visions to life.
Back to top