Who Are We
Prudential Financial, a financial services leader with more than $1 trillion of assets under management, has operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Prudential's diverse and talented employees are committed to helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth through a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds and investment management.
Prudential launched a comprehensive approach to transforming the company. The goal: to make Prudential competitive, more profitable and relevant for customers, and a more rewarding workplace for current and future employees. As part of the next phase of Prudential's transformation, we are looking for a seasoned insights & analytics leader to lead the transformation of the integrated insights team aimed at driving customer obsession and data driven decision making. This role reports to the Head of Market Research & Analytics, which resides in the Customer Officer within the centralized Marketing organization.
About the Role
We are looking for a strategic leader who can combine business acumen, technical and analytical skills with top-notch relationship management and influencing skills to meet and deliver on the Insights Transformation initiatives. This leader will work across various disciplines within the enterprise insights ecosystem to define and clarify roles and responsibilities across research, competitive intelligence, business intelligence and marketing analytics, establish collaboration models, and elevate the maturity of marketing analytics capabilities by enhancing measurement and building out attribution.
This leader will lead a team comprised of customer experience measurement, marketing measurement and reporting, customer analytics, marketing attribution, and business campaign analytics capabilities, with matrixed responsibility for the secondary research and knowledge management team to deliver on specific transformation milestones and KPIs. To be successful in this critical role, the leader must possess excellent collaboration skills and will engage with multiple stakeholders inside and outside of marketing.
- Serve as the Transformation Initiative Owner (IO) on Investing in building out Marketing Analytics capabilities that will enable Prudential to improve MROI by informing investment allocations and ways to optimize and drive a data-driven culture. The IO is responsible for the outcome of this initiative and is accountable to meeting deadlines and delivering on goals. This includes:
- Partner across marketing and technology on the preparation and ingestion of data for marketing analysis, including the tag management process, framework and taxonomy. Represent Marketing's interest in data in close partnership with the newly established Chief Data office and work towards integrated marketing data that enables automated real-time reporting.
- Lead development and delivery of training and change management efforts to drive self-service behaviors and data-driven decisioning.
- Develop marketing attribution capabilities to improve Marketing Return On Investment (MROI) by informing investment allocations and ways to optimize. This includes the ability to identify the budget levels, media and other channels, campaigns and tactics that provide the best real return, and shift investment allocations accordingly.
- Leverage data across Research, Analytics, BI and VoC to generate insights that will improve customer engagement and personalization efforts by informing creative, targeting and other execution decisions that will help us acquire and nurture more leads.
- Drive a culture of testing and experimentation; recommend and conduct test-and-learn to optimize ROI with insights, which then informs marketing planning and future execution.
- Serve as the Initiatave Owner (IO) for Driving Role Clarity in Insights Capabilities by partnering across the enterprise to define and clarify the roles and responsibilities of Market Research & Marketing Analytics, Business Intelligence, Competitive Intelligence, and Voice of the Customer.
- Partner across BI and CI teams to clearly define and articulate the value and mission of each discipline to ensure consistent understanding across the enterprise.
- Establish points of connectivity across disciplines to eliminate duplicative work and redundant efforts.
- Formalize a collaboration model to increase the value and utility of insights and drive fact-based decision making and customer obsession.
- Work across Technology, Marketing and other parts of the Prudential enterprise as needed to align on the New Way of Working and support needed from Marketing Research & Analytics.
- Operational management of the team, including attracting, developing and retaining talent, help promote a team culture of top performance and high morale; analyze and improve processes, and work to improve quality, productivity and efficiency.
- Develop and nurture stakeholder relationships across U.S. businesses and enterprise functions to foster cross-functional collaborations, work closely with stakeholder engagement leads across lines of businesses to align on engagement objectives, approach and outcomes.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Economics, Statistics or Business Administration preferred
- Minimum of 12-15 years of relevant work experience in data or marketing analytics, Business Intelligence, or strategy/management consulting
- 5 years in digital marketing and 5 years in leadership role preferred
- Working knowledge of different insights disciplines, including primary and secondary research, voice of the customer, competitive intelligence, business intelligence.
- Experience working closely with data organizations, translating data requirements and collaborating to operationalize on a simple, repeatable way to access the needed data for reporting and analysis purposes.
- Demonstrated ability to influence without authority and leading cross functional teams
- Consultative nature, with proven track record of using data to answer business questions
- Experience developing, implementing and determining business impact through various approaches to analysis and use of tools, including but not limited to:
- Multichannel attribution models and media mix modeling, understanding typical approaches, methods, challenges and output of both models
- Testing methodologies, including A/B, multivariate, and multi-armed bandit experiments
- Incorporating offline and external online (e.g., CRM) data into an online marketing campaign analysis
- Knowledge of digital marketing platforms, including common website analytics platforms, ad servers and adtech platforms.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with ability to present and clearly explain insights based on data to non-technical executive audiences
- Prior exposure to financial services or insurance industry in financial services considered a plus