Vice President, Identity and Access Management Product Owner
- West Caldwell, NJ
Prudential's CTO organization is hiring a Product Owner to develop and drive the product vision and strategy as one of the closest people in the business to the customer, providing constant feedback to the team and helping to set and drive toward the vision.
The Identity and Access Management Team is a diverse group working on multiple areas in the world of identity and access management, cloud computing, software engineering, and general layered security in an enterprise. The projects range from new and unique authentication methods used for multi-factor authentication and standard authentication to complete restructuring of frameworks and management of Identity.
The Identity and Access Management Product Owner will manage the design, development and operations of the company identity solutions, and will work closely with the Information Security Office and Architecture teams on the overall architecture and strategy decisions.
- Set ambitious and clear product vision and communicate 'the story' effectively to key stakeholders and the rest of the team
- Own the end-to-end product strategy from inception and determine business value once solution enters production
- Ensure alignment of product features and stories, i.e., review, give feedback, and prioritize user stories in line with own vision
- Continuously improve backlog with the team, ensuring all items are clearly described, estimated, and prioritized
- Ensure customer-driven design considering user pain points & usability test results, using market & industry knowledge as well as continual research, to deliver a well-positioned product
- Approve each feature and provide valuable feedback for the team
- Drive sprint and release plans together with the Scrum Master and organizational technology teams
- Exercise strong decision-making mandate from executive group to own product end-to-end
- Work with Tech lead to build a modular & reusable solution
- Design, implement and run enterprise IAM solutions for both workforce and customer
- Advanced understanding of business processes, internal control risk management, IT controls and related standards.
- Engagement management responsibilities; task delegation, project scheduling, project financials, quality review, and client management.
- Assist leadership in creating proposals, budgets, and work plans.
- Participate in other business development activities with existing and new clients.
- Manage day-to-day project activities for performing assessments, developing strategies and roadmaps, and implementing IAM solutions
- Lead requirements gathering and analysis.
- Manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, results-based team environment
- Understanding of ways to lead a team developing in an Agile environment
- Ensure adherence to continuous improvement practices as required to meet quality / time to market imperatives
Skills / Qualifications:
- Deep knowledge of multiple IAM services: Mainframe RACF, MS Active Directory, IBM TAM and TFIM, Ping, RSA
- Bachelor's degree in Cybersecurity, Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field is required.
- One or more of the following: CISSP, CISM, or CISA.
- Solid knowledge of industry trends, user demands, and pain points to be able to create a high value product vision
- Technical expertise to be able to engage in discussion with tech team and to understand risks
- Experience in Agile Development, with Product Owner (or similar) experience preferred
- Should be confident in managing the backlog; writing detailed user stories, refining stories with experts, and having a typical 'servant leader' mindset when with the team
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate complex messages and trade-offs to tell a compelling story
- Sufficient authority to make real-time decisions in the Agile Room
- Ability to influence a diverse group of stakeholders; strong leadership skills
- Strong problem solver with ability to lead the team to push the solution and progress
- Able to 'let go' of authority where needed, allowing team to thrive
- Challenger mindset and passion to challenge status quo to find new solutions and drive out of the box ideas - loves and embraces change
- Believes in a non-hierarchical culture of collaboration, transparency, and trust across the team
- Not afraid to 'roll up the sleeves' and seeks to go outside comfort zone to learn - pushes the team to do the same
- Experimental mindset to drive innovation
- Focus and understanding of modern user experience needs for web, mobile, etc.
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced, unstructured environment
- Innovative thinking with a passion for problem-solving
- A history of embracing and incubating emerging technology and open source products
- 10 years of experience managing projects through the full development lifecycle
- Strong background in running/operations for large scale IAM infrastructure.
- Experience in project management and the ability to communicate security technology issues verbally on both a formal and informal basis to all levels of client staff.
- 10 years of experience in developing, implementing or running IAM solutions.
- Identity Management experience in all the following areas:
- Single Sign-On, Identity Federation, Consumer Identity, and Multi-Factor Authentication
- Identity Governance and Administration, User Provisioning, Access Certification, Identity Analytics, Role-Based Access Control
- Privileged Access Management
Back to top