We are looking for an experienced DevOps Product Owner to support our DevOps Transformation Program across the enterprise. The candidate will provide DevOps thought leadership and mentoring, while providing guidance for the entire spectrum of tools, styles and technologies that lead to the successful delivery of reliable software, through CICD best practices.
A self-starting, detail-minded expert with an ability to articulate technical concepts to junior technicians and to non-technical audiences, including senior stakeholders. The candidate must have a proven track record of designing, planning and implementing effective solutions that provided measurable value and outcomes across large organizations.
- Understand business goals and targeted DevOps outcomes, subsequently design and implement solutions that directly enable these outcomes.
- Own DevOps Product solutions, build roadmap(s) and propose improvements and strategic direction
- Build scalable architecture that aligns with and incorporates industry standards on various key performance indicators for DevOps
- Share responsibility, governance and oversight of the entire DevOps Program and the associated DevOps matrixes with other Product Owners.
- Lead Engineering teams, advocate development styles, testing principles, software methodologies and team structures that support the delivery of software using Agile practices.
- Guide colleagues through the process of tool selection and usage
- Work closely and integrate with internal practices in Infrastructure, Development, Testing and Application Management to underpin and promote DevOps principles and culture
- Support functions such as compliance and Information Security in the adoption of Continuous Deployment and Continuous Delivery
- Owns the user experience and direction for the product
- Acts as the primary customer representative for Agile Pod(s) to connect customer and product
- Gathers requirements from the customer and translates their needs into features
- Manages the product backlog and lead the epic / user story creation and development
- Responsible for story prioritization, acceptance criteria definition and release planning
- Works with the Scrum Master, Solution Engineers and Test Engineers to plan sprints
- Works with Solution Architect and Technical Architect to understand and prioritize enabler work
- Maintains new and existing customer relationships, informs customer of market conditions and updates them on technology disruption and economic trends
- Attends planning sessions, stand-ups, retrospectives, sprint reviews to maintain close interaction with teams to ensure alignment on vision & value delivery
- Identifies market/customer needs and ROI; Responsible for defining a strategic multi-year plan impacting product decision
- Effectively uses metrics and data visualization to report progress and supports data-driven decision-making
- Well-versed with modern Technology solutions and their pros/cons Cloud services (AWS), Containers, CI-CD Tools, Microsoft Technologies, Microservices, Serverless architectures
- Good understanding of Micro-Services, SOA principles and surrounding technologies (such as containers; especially Kubernetes and Docker)
- Expertise in Continuous Integration/Delivery concepts and tools such as Jenkins / Git or equivalent
- Good working knowledge with configuration management and automation tools such as Ansible, CloudFormation, Terraform
- Good working knowledge of software build tools (Maven, Gradle), artifact repository managers (e.g. Nexus, Artifactory) as well as packaging tools (RPMs, MSI)
- Good working experience on Automated deployment using tools such as Octopus Deploy
- Good working knowledge of software versioning tools including BitBucket, GIT,
- Good working experience of Atlassian (JIRA, Confluence etc.) and other productivity tools (e.g. Teams, Slack, Trello) or equivalent
- Understanding of application deployment and release management best practices including A/B, Canary, Dark Launches
- Bachelors or any equivalent degree in Computer Science, or related technical field
- Total of 15 years' experience
- A minimum of 7 years of experience working with Continuous Integration (CI) tools such as, Jenkins
- A minimum of 7 years of experience working to architect, design, and develop automation solutions that help reduce delivery cycle time and support Continuous Delivery (CD)
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working with Cloud platforms (AWS preferred)
- Strong experience with Agile methodologies, roles, ceremonies and approaches; SAFe
- Strong leadership skills ability to motivate people, instill accountability, perform under the pressure and optimize the team's resources to attain the business goals.
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communications skills for technical and non-technical au diences.