Vice President, Deputy CCO
- Newark, NJ
PGIM's Real Estate businesses, which includes PGIM Real Estate and PGIM Real Estate Finance, is seeking a senior compliance professional knowledgeable in alternative asset classes, private funds and investment advisory issues to assist its Global Head of Compliance in overseeing a full range of compliance matters that arise in connection with PGIM's asset management activities in the Americas region (including the United States and Latin America). The global real estate investment management and real estate lending units of PGIM, Inc. (PGIM) have gross aggregate assets under management or administration of nearly $173.5 billion as of June 30, 2019. Headquartered in Madison and Newark, New Jersey respectively, PGIM's Real Estate businesses operate in over 20 offices across the United States as well as non-US locations in Frankfurt, London, Luxembourg, Munich, Paris, Mexico City, Hong Kong, Seoul, Singapore, Shanghai, Sydney and Tokyo.
The candidate will report to the PGIM Real Estate Global Head of Compliance. This position has significant visibility with senior management and direct interaction with global portfolio management, distribution and operations.
PGIM Real Estate and PGIM Real Estate Finance are the real estate investment businesses of PGIM, Inc., a registered investment adviser, which offers a wide range of investment products and services to institutional and retail clients through its specialized asset management units. Redefining the real estate investing landscape since 1970, PGIM Real Estate's tenured team offers to its global client base a broad range of real estate equity, debt, and securities investment strategies that span the risk/return spectrum.
The VP, Americas Compliance will assist the PGIM Real Estate Global Head of Compliance in discharging the firm's overall compliance program with particular focus on the Americas businesses. The position is supported by eight US-based associates and two Mexico City-based associates. The position requires a candidate with strong management skills and an ability to develop relationships, sometimes from afar, with staff and senior business executives in the region. This position will also be expected to act as backup to the PGIM Real Estate Global Head of Compliance.
Candidates must possess a deep understanding of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, and other related federal securities laws such as ERISA, and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. The incumbent will be expected to provide strategic direction to the unit's activities as well as engage in direct compliance support of PGIM Real Estate product initiatives and other activities. The individual will be expected to establish a significant presence in the area of real estate asset management compliance through participation on industry working groups and other activities. The role has responsibility for compliance monitoring, support of marketing activities, compliance training, creating and implementing new policies and procedures, and forensic testing.
- Promote, protect and set the tone to reflect the Company's reputation for ethics, integrity and honesty in all dealings.
Position requires periodic travel to regional offices, primarily Atlanta, Arlington, Dallas, and Mexico City.
- Position requires the ability to manage a local team as well as individuals in remote locations.
- Assist the PGIM Real Estate Global Head of Compliance with matters such as new product development, risk governance committees, compliance metrics; and, act in the support of matters involving the non-Americas businesses where necessary.
- The development and continued fostering of relationships with all levels of PGIM Real Estate management, particularly those in the Americas, to ensure that appropriate regulatory processes and controls are established and documented within the areas of responsibility.
- Monitor the effectiveness of established compliance processes and controls and recommend and implement enhancements.
- Assist management with identifying and resolving regulatory issues both within the business unit and across multiple business units.
- Assist regulators, auditors and business unit management with regulatory exams and inquiries.
- Develop and effectively administer a compliance monitoring program including, but not limited to, portfolio reviews, anti-money laundering, client documentation, gift and entertainment reporting, FCPA reporting, new account reviews, etc.
- Develop, organize, and deliver consistent compliance related training, and reinforce all compliance-related communications.
- Assist in coordinating global compliance activity in all PGIM Real Estate offices.
Back to top