Vice President Compliance - CCO Individual Life Insurance
- Newark, NJ
Chief Compliance Officer-Individual Life Insurance
Individual Life Insurance is a core business of Prudential. The Individual Life Insurance business manufactures, distributes, and administers individual term, variable and universal life insurance products through Prudential's proprietary sales force and third party distributors.
Individual Life Insurance (ILI) is looking for a Chief Compliance Officer. The successful candidate must be thoroughly knowledgeable about and responsible for the ILI Compliance Program and will be expected to lead and continuously develop a seasoned compliance team. This will include providing on-going compliance related support and advice for the day-to-day activities as well as new initiatives. The role has responsibility for compliance monitoring, support of marketing activities, compliance training, and creating and implementing new policies and procedures.
The incumbent will play a key management role within the Insurance Compliance organizations as well as a member of the ILI business unit Senior Leadership Team. The incumbent will assist Compliance management in broad initiatives within the LCBE (Law, Compliance and Business Ethics) organization. The incumbent will lead projects that strengthen and maintain compliance activities within the ILI business and more broadly across the organization.
The incumbent will also be expected to play a leadership role within the broader Insurance industry to include among other things, participation in industry associations, shaping compliance best practices and educating industry personnel and regulators. The position will lead a team of approximately 45 Compliance professionals located in the Newark, Ft. Washington and Minneapolis locations.
Promote, protect and set the tone to reflect the Company's reputation for ethics, integrity and honesty in all dealings.
Work with all levels of management, up to and including senior management to ensure that appropriate regulatory processes and controls are established and documented within the areas of responsibility.
Monitor the effectiveness of established compliance processes and controls and recommend and implement enhancements.
Assist management with identifying and resolving regulatory issues both within the ILI unit and across multiple business units.
Assist regulators, auditors and business unit management with regulatory exams and inquiries.
Provide Compliance support for new product and business initiatives.
Identify, develop, organize, and deliver necessary compliance related training, and reinforce all compliance-related communications.
Establish and maintain industry and regulatory interactions in an effort to advance and shape regulatory expectations and industry related compliance activities.
Partner with the law department to analyze changes to regulatory requirements and proactively manage regulatory developments and changes.
Partner with the Risk Management organization and the business in general to address necessary compliance related changes.
Communicate regularly with Compliance and ILI management to ensure adequate awareness throughout the organization on items of significance.
- Bachelor's degree. Advanced degree a plus
- Strong Leadership qualities
- Ten plus years of relevant Compliance or business experience in life insurance manufacturing and distribution or insurance affiliated broker-dealer activities
- Strategic mindset and an ability to contribute to the direction of the business and the Compliance Department
- Proven communication, analytical and project management skills.
- Strong relationship management and leadership skills are desired including experience and ability in dealing with senior management.
- Ability to reach sound judgments and act quickly under tight deadlines.
- Experience in staff management
- Working knowledge of the regulations directly impacting Life Insurance and Broker-Dealer activities including State Insurance laws and NAIC Model Regulations; relevant securities regulations including FINRA Rules, provisions of the Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as well as the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, the Investment Company Act of 1940 and ERISA.
- Candidate is required to possess series 7 & 24 licenses or will need to obtain shortly after hire.
Back to top