Vice President, Chief Compliance Officer Investments
Prudential's Compliance organization is looking for an experienced, high caliber investment compliance professional to lead the Compliance program for Prudential's Chief Investment Office ("CIO") in connection with a $486 billion portfolio.
The CIO is responsible for developing the asset allocation strategy and overseeing asset/liability management for Prudential's insurance businesses. The CIO oversees :
- the global portfolio management of the proprietary assets supporting insurance liabilities in Prudential's general account as well as Guaranteed Separate Accounts,
- Prudential's derivatives activities from Asset Liability Management and Portfolio Management to trading and execution; and Prudential's alternative asset investing activities, including private equity, real estate, hedge funds and equity securities
In addition, the role will support Prudential's Corporate Social Responsibility Group (which includes the Prudential Foundation and an investment program).
This position will be responsible for the design and implementation of a highly effective, risk-based compliance program.
The position is part of the Compliance Organization and will manage a small team.
- Building and implement a proactive, strategic compliance program that is risk-based, and data driven.
- Developing a strategic approach to compliance which is proactive and preventative.
- Driving enhancements to existing compliance program including governance and reporting.
- Develop change management and communication strategies to ensure a culture of continuous improvement, teamwork, and the sharing of best practices.
- Monitoring regulatory developments for alternative fund investing in the United States and Europe and providing real-time assessments of our portfolio.
- Developing and implementing compliance due diligence program to evaluate private fund trading, allocation, and fee and expense practices.
- Advising on the regulatory requirements of financial services firms in which we invest.
- Performing due diligence review of the compliance programs of asset managers on the CIO platform, including reviewing compliance manuals and testing programs.
- Monitoring and testing the trading activities of Prudential's centralized derivatives trading unit and cash management unit.
- Developing integrated monitoring tools for portfolio compliance monitoring for the proprietary assets supporting insurance liabilities in Prudential's general account and Guaranteed Separate Accounts.
- Assessing compliance risk and operating a compliance monitoring and testing program appropriately tailored to the risk of the business activities.
- Providing training to CIO staff.
- Monitoring actual and potential conflicts of interest.
- Drafting policies and procedures.
- Developing talent and maximizing team effectiveness.
- Driving alignment and consistencies across Prudential compliance programs and initiatives.
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with business and other Compliance partners as well as Legal, Risk, and Audit.
- 12 years of relevant financial service compliance or regulatory enforcement experience.
- Technical compliance expertise with superior knowledge, skills and experience in compliance risk management
- Significant experience conducting compliance due diligence on and monitoring compliance programs of investment managers.
- Knowledge of cash market securities and alternative assets including hedge funds, private equity and real estate.
- Knowledge of derivatives regulation, including Dodd Frank Title VII and state insurance regulatory related compliance matters.
- Experience working in an asset management firm or insurance company. Knowledge of insurance general account portfolio management a plus.
- Strong knowledge of investment management and related regulations, including ability to identify requirements related to regulatory changes.
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook/Word/Excel/Access/PowerPoint)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required. JD, MBA or advanced degree preferred
- Highly analytical with strong critical thinking skills and ability to provide compliance guidance that balances relevant regulatory requirements, risk mitigation and business objectives.
- Ability to spot relevant issues and solve problems through a practical business lens.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Must excel at collaboration, partnership and relationship building.
- A strong bias for simplicity.
- Comfortable in ambiguity, self-directed and an agent and advocate for change.
- Ability to lead and influence teams
- Highly organized and strong project management skills
- Ability to prioritize work and effectively manage time
- Work independently and as a team member
- Creativity, flexible and positive mindset, and ability to lead and drive change
- Continuous improvement and global business mindset
Meet Some of Prudential's Employees
Whitney J.Senior Digital Product Manager, Customer Office
Whitney figures out how Prudential’s products can achieve business outcomes while meeting customer demands. She then works with the tech and design teams to bring those visions to life.
Back to top