Technology Development Lead, Investment Sales & Reporting Analytics
- Newark, NJ
PGIM Investments is a distributor of asset management capabilities to retail investors intermediaries. We offer a diversified suite of actively managed funds across a broad spectrum of asset classes and investment styles. We are dedicated to helping clients look after their toughest investment challenges-whether it's capital growth, reliable income, or protection from market volatility and other risks.
PGIM Investments Technology organization is actively pursuing a qualified Development Manager to manage core Asset Management Sales and Incentive Compensation reporting platforms. The Development Manager is a key technical role for implementing modern business solutions leveraging modern application development, integration, and data solutions available within the organization as well as for external customers. This position will provide strategic direction on systems design, development, deployment and maintenance of enterprise data solutions for PGIM Investments.
The candidate will play a key role in managing the application and data architecture on centralized data repository and reporting platforms. The candidate will possess strong technical skills and a methodical approach to be able to come up with efficient solutions to solve data warehouse and application development technical challenges. This right candidate will be a knowledgeable, hands-on technologist with a strong background in database development, database design, application development, and reporting development.
Additional expertise in the areas of ETL, application architecture and business intelligence solutions are a plus. The candidate will be responsible for establishing, driving, and implementing robust and scalable technology solutions for information technology systems in accordance to business needs and adherence to corporate technology standards.
- Interface with business users to address issues, document requirements and manage deliverables for IT team
- Manage on-shore and off-shore developers to maintain, enhance and build business technology solutions
- Work closely with business users to understand inner workings of core business processes while addressing data quality issues
- Working with developers, business analysts and subject matter experts to understand the complex technological system and migrate mainframe technologies to distributed and cloud platform
- Manage and support data processing platform to address data (trade and position) maintenance and operational efficiencies
- Enable enhanced reporting capabilities including business intelligence dashboards and data visualization solutions
- Instituting a data architecture and governance discipline to advance rapid delivery of products and data insights
- Evolving a future state application architecture that supports business priorities and objectives while being flexible so it can accommodate rapidly changing business requirements, evolving customer expectations, and technology evolution
- Ensure technology solutions comply with enterprise technology policies and standards
- Preparing and presenting potential technical solutions and advising the business on the technical and business value of solution proposals
- Providing technology support across a range of technologies including but not limited to Cognos, net, SQL, Tableau, Informatica, TFS and Collaboration platforms
- Manage and enhance Cognos cubes, Cognos reporting and report distribution
- Support, maintain and enhance job monitoring and overnight batch data processing
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline required
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred
- Financial Services experience (Asset Management background preferred) with a proven track record of delivering multiple projects on-time, on budget and within scope
- 7 years of IT experience with several years in hands on Data Architecture and SQL Server Database
- 7 years of experience with Visual Studio, C# and .net programming
- 10 years of experience in Asset Management (Sales Reporting and Incentive Compensation experience a plus)
- 5 years of experience with data management or data integration/conversion
- 3 years of experience with data architecture across a broad range of solutions
- Prior hands on experience with data management platforms used at Prudential (MS SQL, IBM Cognos, Visual Studio, Tableau to name a few)
- Current Industry knowledge of forward looking data technologies (Big Data, Hadoop, MongoDB, In memory DB's and streaming data)
- Broad knowledge of Agile project methodology (SAFe) and ITIL best practices
Back to top