Technology Delivery Manager
- Newark, NJ
The Actuarial & Finance Technology (AFT) group is a part of the Corporate IT organization. AFT provides business and technical support across a broad range of actuarial and financial systems for the Enterprise. We are seeking an experienced, hands-on technology delivery manager to provide leadership and technical expertise as we execute on our strategy to build a world class Actuarial and Financial Systems Architecture. We are looking for a technologist with strong background in designing and building modular, scalable, testable systems using cutting edge technologies preferably in the Financial Services or Insurance domains. You will leverage your knowledge and experience with agile methodologies and project execution to ensure timely, customer-focused feature delivery.
At Prudential, we pride ourselves on fostering a culture focused on creating a positive, inclusive and rewarding experience for all. Together we work to achieve the best possible personal and professional growth for our team. Innovation, collaboration and unwavering ethics form the bedrock of our efforts.
Come join our team and grow your career with us! You will work closely with fellow technologists, business partners and other project stakeholders to design and deliver solutions that help automate and accelerate actuarial and financial business processes for the Enterprise. You will be challenged to influence technical direction, develop and review detailed implementation designs, and be accountable for the stability and extendibility of our applications. You will drive successful delivery through the full SDLC including participation in backlog curation, product development leading to deployment, testing and support of the applications. You will have the opportunity to work with a range of modern technologies in a dynamic environment where teamwork, innovation and entrepreneurial spirit are highly valued.
Additional responsibilities include:
Coordination of development team efforts toward planned goals and milestones as set forth with stakeholders and according to internal change management standards
Providing a high level of customer service by delivering functionality according to our SLAs and responding to customer requests in a timely manner
Maintaining open communication with functional and technical partners to ensure goal alignment, consistent expectations and efficient pipeline development
Growth and professional development of team members
Ongoing assessment of existing and emerging internal and external technologies and if/how they can be leveraged to improve our capabilities at Prudential
Identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to introduce automation into manual business and technical processes
• Extensive experience with Java and the Spring Framework
• Hands on experience with Databases, including:
- Creation and maintenance of transactional and warehouse table structures
- Oracle experience is ideal, but other database experience is fine
- NoSQL experience is a plus
• Success developing and/or administering Informatica or comparable integration tool.
• Some exposure and experience with Web Applications
• Experience working within an Agile methodology
• Experience developing microservices
• Working knowledge of containers and their practical application
• Working knowledge of AWS and/or general cloud architecture best practices
• Experience mentoring team members as well as helping them set and achieve goals for growth in their careers. This includes regular one on one meetings as well as the creation of formal performance evaluations and action plans.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to relate technical solutions to business terminology and goals
• An ownership mentality and entrepreneurial approach, including comfort with intelligent risk taking
• An understanding of basic accounting principles (both managerial and financial) would be helpful but not required.
Back to top