Senior Treasury Associate
The Corporate Banking Division is part of the Treasury Department and is responsible for bank administration, bank relations and cash management activities for Prudential's businesses. This position is in the Cash Management Unit of Corporate Banking and responsibilities include cash positioning, cash forecasting, wire transfer processing and reporting for Prudential's businesses.
Cash Management is responsible for managing the firm's short term liquidity, which includes: preparing short term cash investment calculations based on forecasts and historical trends, concentrating funds for investment, reconciling forecasts to actuals and analyzing variances, preparing short term cash flow reports and acting as liaison between banks and Prudential businesses.
- Calculating daily cash positions based on business unit / investment forecasts and historical trends.
- Making investment related decisions based on forecasts and trends.
- Reconciling and analyzing forecasted to actual activity in investment and operating accounts on a daily basis.
- Preparing short-term cash flow projection reports.
- Consulting with various Prudential businesses to improve cash processing flows, cash forecasting and bank account structures.
- Communicating with banks and various Prudential businesses to investigate and resolve transaction and account balance issues.
- Initiating wire transfers to concentrate funds for investment and to fund operating and investment activity.
- Updating procedures and workflow documentation as needed.
- Conducting and documenting moderately complex financial analysis and reporting for Enterprise or business specific projects.
- Participating in independent and group projects related to cash management initiatives.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Business Administration.
- 2 years work experience with Prudential's cash process OR relevant cash management / investment operations experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with business partners, banks and external service providers.
- Ability to conduct financial analysis for Prudential's business units (i.e. trending and identification of cyclical patterns, variance analysis, cost benefit analysis, etc.).
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks to maintain an efficient processing environment.
- Good problem solving and decision making skills to respond to inquiries and processing issues in a timely manner.
- Ability to apply sound business principles and practices to daily production activity and projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships within Treasurer's and with business partners and banks.
- Demonstrate flexibility to assume other area assignments in the future as the staff is periodically rotated.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines in a team environment.
- PC and spreadsheet experience preferred (MS Office including Excel, Word and Access).
Fast paced environment.
Frequent interaction with various personnel levels within the Enterprise and Prudential's banking network.
One of the responsibilities of this position includes the processing of wire transfers. In accordance with the Treasury Department Policies, any candidate selected for this position will be required to submit to an extensive background and credit check. Failure to comply will eliminate a candidate from consideration for this position. In addition, any negative information obtained as a result of the background screening may result in the disqualification of the candidate from this and any other position in Prudential Financial, including their current one if he/she is an internal candidate.
Back to top