Senior Strategy Analyst (Roseland, NJ and Hartford, CT)
Reporting to the VP of Strategy, Group Insurance/Retirement within the Workplace Solutions Group (WSG), the selected candidate will be part of a team responsible for managing and leading the execution of the strategic roadmap for WSG and supporting the strategic agenda for the WSG businesses.
The individual will be a key member of strategic initiative teams, and specifically will support the Group Insurance and/or Retirement businesses and selected enterprise level initiatives. This individual is expected to bring an analytical discipline to the work, helping the organization achieve high impact results in a rapidly changing environment. The individual will be expected to build strong consulting skills over time.
In addition, this individual must have strong analytical, problem-solving and collaboration skills that will be used to partner and drive alignment across the organization. Ideal candidate will be self-starter and demonstrated professional maturity to interact with leaders across the WSG organization.
- Support key strategic efforts and drive execution around components of larger initiatives
- Drive detailed analytics that support strategic conversations
- Scan the external environment (trends, new markets, other insights) and package insights to help facilitate leadership conversations
- Participate on our portfolio of initiatives to accelerate our efforts
- Support the build-out of our learning agenda and assist in tracking learnings and metrics
- 3 years business experience in analytical roles
- Proven track record of success in supporting complex strategy projects and independently conducting strategic/financial analysis
- Financial services background a plus
- Excellent quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Strong communications skills; ability to demonstrate thought logic and communicate logic in both oral and written channels
- Ability to quickly develop a deep knowledge of the business and supported products and services
- Ability to thrive in an evolving and changing environment
- Self-motivated with ability to multi-task
- Fluency with Excel and Powerpoint
Business Acumen: Demonstrates knowledge of the interdependencies of key business processes, functions and risks. Identifies and uses the key financial indicators necessary to measure business performance. Knows the competitors; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace. Identifies and anticipates customer requirements, expectations and needs.
Critical Thinking: Critically and logically evaluates the costs, risks and benefits of alternatives before coming to a solution. Probes and looks past symptoms to determine the underlying causes of problems and issues. Approaches problems holistically; defines connections, linkages, interdependencies and develops solutions. Takes ownership of problems and stays on top of them until resolved.
Execution / Drives Results: Makes fact-based and compelling recommendations that enable leaders to make quick decisions in high stakes situations, crises or conditions of uncertainty. Critically and logically evaluates the consequences and implications of alternatives, actions or decisions.
Change Leadership: Advocates for needed change across the organization that adds to our success. Ensures the implementation of change with appropriate communications, goals, resources, metrics and reviews. Takes ownership and personal responsibility for implementing change, despite opposition barriers.
Communications: Ability to engage in and model courageous and constructive dialogue; confidence to offer a new and potentially challenging idea to foster conversation and critical thinking; ability to successfully deliver difficult and / or complex messages and help others understand multiple points of view.
Improvement and Innovations: Focuses efforts on continuously improving practices that create value. Creates an environment that encourages innovation and intelligent risk-taking.
Back to top