Senior Solutions Architect
Prudential's Retirement business is seeking a Solutions Architect with ability to think strategically and tactically utilizing their significant practical hands-on experience, to build customer-centric solutions that drive positive business outcomes. The Solutions Architect will create the solution architecture, technical design as well as assist with hands-on implementation of capabilities across multiple technology domains. The Solutions Architect will have the opportunity to influence, differentiate, and guide our business and technology strategies by establishing the robust technical capabilities that will enable Retirement to deploy plug and play solutions in a rapidly changing ecosystem. This position will report in to Retirement's Enterprise Architecture group, collaborate with other Solution and Enterprise Architects within Retirement, other lines of business Architects, and Corporate groups.
Prudential Retirement's business is embarking on a multi-year program to build customer-centric platform utilizing contemporary technologies and innovative techniques to deliver employee benefit, employer, and advisor experiences that create and protect financial wellness. We are committed to making the investment to enable large scale business and technology projects to adopt cloud-based products and solutions to increase operational efficiency and enable revenue growth. The multi-program also focuses on leveraging cross-business capabilities within Prudential and partnering with Enterprise groups to enable common technology capabilities for global use across national boundaries. The Solutions Architect will be expected to evaluate new products, solutions, and technologies including hands-on proof of concepts (POCs) collaborating with business stakeholders, vendor resource, and technology groups within and outside of Prudential.
As we continue to transform and improve experiences of our existing individual customers, institutional clients, and business partners, we aspire to attract and retain top talent to create a diverse, engaged and fulfilled workforce, as well as maintain our top-tier, rock solid marketplace reputation. We prioritize continuous improvement and adopt practices that will enable agility and customer-centricity. The Solution Architect will be expected to showcase continuously learning mindset, adopt contemporary techniques, and utilize their experience to assist with the transformation creating positive outcomes.
Provide deep technical expertise to support the strategic initiatives and operational efficiency projects for Retirement business' technology transformation
Engaging in conversations with business partners to identify requirements, needs and gaps aimed at technology driven transformation
Evaluate existing tools, technologies, processes and capabilities
Provide technology expertise and oversight on design, development and implementation of strategic programs and projects
Lead the analysis, architecture, and design implementation for Retirement technology projects employing sound solution architecture practices
Deliver artifacts, technical analysis documents and architectural designs that meet business requirements; oversees design reviews and frameworks
Lead and support proof of concepts and test and learn activities
Exercise experience and influence to make well informed technology build vs buy, platform and integration decisions in a rapidly growing and evolving environment
Collaborate and develop relationships with delivery teams and other Enterprise technology teams by partnering, sharing and leveraging best practices and solutions
Mentor and guide peers and junior talent to help create a pool of technically strong subject matter experts.
• Demonstrates a customer-centric engineering mindset with outside-in perspective
• Established success working in a "test and learn environment" with proven learning agility
• Exhibits strategic thinking capabilities, strong execution, and accountability for outcomes
• Embraces emerging technologies with the ability to recommend innovative solutions that drive business value
• Is a change advocate; demonstrates the capabilities required to thrive in a nimble, fast-paced, often ambiguous environment
• Creates collaborative working relationships with colleagues quickly, is an active listener; is skilled in crucial conversations, demonstrates courage and curiosity - is not afraid to fail
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Technology Business Administration OR equivalent relevant experience
• 8 years of demonstrated technology experience in an enterprise environment, preferably in enterprise architecture and applications delivery organizations
• Minimum 3 years of solutions architecture or technical design experience implementing large and complex technology solutions
• Hands-on involvement in Agile, Minimum Viable Product (MVP), and outcome-based delivery models is essential
• Experience with force.com, Apex, Visualforce, Lightning UI and Salesforce mobile application is a huge plus
• Experience creating cloud enablement and cloud-based solution architectures using Amazon Web Services or Azure is needed
• Working experience in a highly regulated Retirement sector or financial services or healthcare is a significant asset
• Clear, professional communications (listening, oral and written communications)
• Strong relationship building and collaboration skills
• Demonstrated track record as a team player
Back to top