Senior Software Engineer
- West Caldwell, NJ
Prudential Financial is seeking a Senior Software Engineer for the Global Technology organization supporting our Individual Solutions Group (ISG) businesses. May have supervisory duties in instructing assigning directing and checking the work of the other Systems Analyst Programmers. Provides comprehensive consultation to business unit and Data Processing management and staffs on all phases of the project development cycle. Assists in planning organizing and controlling the activities of the section. May work with client management to identify and specify complex business requirements and processes for diverse development platforms computing environments e.g. host based distributed systems client server software hardware technologies and tools. Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost effective solution for the systems design. Performs analysis and system design. Coordinates the activities of the section with the client area and other Data Processing sections e.g. data base telecommunications operations technical support etc.. May perform program design or coding activities as needed. Acts as technical resource to development staff in all phases of the development and implementation process. Performs related duties as assigned or requested. May have responsibility for application availability health checks and business continuation with a great sense of urgency. Takes leadership role in incident problem resolution and may complete security and regulatory control assessments. Leads others to solve complex problems and takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. May manage professional staff and or projects. Is accountable for the overall performance and results of the team project.
- Working on an agile team understanding business needs, performing analysis, and transforming them into testable components
- Employ industry best practices to deliver world-class solutions. Ensure developed solutions remain compliant with all applicable Prudential standards
- Provide technical leadership on a scrum team and coordinate with other tech leaders across teams
- Drive software development activities to meet schedules and timelines
- Thrives to ensure code quality is high supporting testing and automation
- Research problems with a strong sense of ownership and develop solutions to address the problems
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and how they can be applied to Prudential
- Enable change, help accelerate innovation
- Demonstrating experience with taking intelligent risks and leveraging a 'test and learn' mentality
- Committed to a spirit of authentic partnership - to colleagues both internal and external to the organization
- Conduct component testing and integration testing
- Ensure that software standards, non-functional requirements and quality targets are met
- Bachelor of Computer Science or Engineering or experience in related fields
- Experience with agile development methodologies and Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Excellent problem-solving techniques
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- Clear, professional communications (listening, oral and written communications)
- Strong relationship building and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated track record as a team player
- Experience working on agile scrum teams or under a SAFe @ framework
- A successful candidate will possess 5 years of experience with the following:
- Working knowledge of branching techniques and usage of Github, Bitbucket or Subversion required.
- Experience in distributed systems, object oriented programming, design patterns and design methodology
- Experience deploying applications to AWS, ECS, EC2 instances. Working knowledge of AWS Services such as Cloudwatch, CodeDeploy.
- Experience with FULL/MEAN STACK a strong plus
- Experience implementing service oriented architecture (SOA) patterns
- Experience with Web service technologies such as REST, JSON, SOAP, XML, JDBC, MySQL
- Experience in JAVA/J2EE services using Spring Boot, Spring CLI, Maven, Microservice, multi-threading, Concurrency and parallel processing
- Exposure to monitoring and logging techniques
- Knowledge working with MongoDB or similar NoSQL database and BPM tools is desired but not required.
- Understanding of Life or Annuities insurance products a plus.
- IBM Message Broker - IIB
Back to top