Senior Software Engineer
Prudential Financial, Inc. is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth through a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time.
ISG Technology is an integral part of Prudential's Individual Solutions Group (ISG). You'll be part of a diverse, growing, and dynamic workforce within a technology community that's respected for delivering high-tech solutions and helping to achieve our common goal - to become the undisputed leader of guaranteed retirement income solutions. Your career should be an exciting work in progress, full of new experiences and opportunities for growth. We offer our technology professionals access to a variety of resources for professional development so you can take your career at The Rock® wherever you want it to go. ISG Technology is the place for you if you are hungry, humble and smart, and looking to apply your passion and enthusiasm , implement on business strategy, and work with diverse teams on challenging projects
The Lead Software Engineer is a key technical contributor who can digest complex business problems and identify architecturally sound solutions. With demonstrated expertise in a variety of information technology concepts, practices, and procedures, can design, modify, develop, write and implement software applications. Engineer, who has passion for new technologies, understands CMS and DAM solutions, responsive web design, and document delivery turning concepts to life using Agile framework. We are looking for someone who is outcome focused, loves challenges, can work collaboratively and exemplifies the virtues of our talent model: Humble, Hungry and Smart.
This position may also include some administrative responsibilities for a limited number of direct reports.
- Works closely with the innovation, marketing, technology and architecture teams to drive outcomes with a focus on delivering scalable digital marketing solutions.
- Work in an iterative/Agile environment and be a strong team player
- Deliver high quality code with attention to detail
- Ability to deliver end to end solution using innovative approaches to complex design problems
- Analyze and tune application performance, with a focus on user experience, system responsiveness and scalability.
- Conducts code reviews for system modifications and development. Ability to work flexible hours as needed to accommodate offshore team needs
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- A creative and analytical problem solver focused on translating complex business problems into architecturally sound technical solutions
- Experience with Agile methodologies and fast pace environment required
- A TECHIE that lives for emerging technologies and is hungry to keep learning.
- Driven, self-motivated, able to work under pressure using sound judgment & professionalism.
- Demonstrates a craving for continuous improvement, through understanding of new technology innovation and its application
- Experience with Content Management Systems and Digital Asset Management is strongly desired
- Working knowledge of Github or Subversion required
- Senior experience with FULL/MEAN STACK required
- Experience with Cloudera a plus
- Experience with implementation using service-oriented architecture (SOA) patterns a plus
- Experience with Web service technologies such as REST, JSON, SOAP, XML, JDBC, MySQL also a plus
- Experience with spring framework, spring messaging, SpringBoot, SpringMVC, JPA, Tomcat, Hibernate highly desirable
- Knowledge of DevOps tools such as CodeDeploy, Artifactory, SonarQube, Selenium, Jenkins, Ansible is highly desirable
- Experience with AWS cloud technology, DevOps and Jenkins preferred
- Travel to local Prudential sites up to 10%
- Strong problem-solving and analysis capabilities
- Clear, professional communications (listening, oral and written communications)
- Strong relationship building and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated track record as a team player
- Knowledge of Annuities and Insurance
Back to top