Senior Investment Professional/Portfolio Manager-Private Equity Funds and Co-investment
The Prudential Insurance Company's Alternative Assets Group is seeking a senior private equity investment professional to join its growing private equity platform. The Alternative Assets Group is responsible for managing approximately $10 billion in assets, comprised of private equity and hedge funds, as well as real estate and other investments in real assets.
Prudential's private equity portfolio includes investments in buyout, mezzanine and other credit, venture capital and distressed funds, as well as select co-investments. The portfolio currently has a net asset value of approximately $4.5 billion. The position reports to the Head of Private Equity & Co-investments. The candidate will be expected to:
- Lead deal teams in origination, evaluation and underwriting of fund, co-investment and secondary opportunities;
- Manage a portfolio of core private equity relationships and related investments;
- Serve as one of Prudential's private equity specialists, be informed about current and developing trends in the sector and help to optimize the private equity portfolio;
- Serve as a member of the Alternative Assets Group investment committee;
- Lead private equity-related projects and oversee portfolio reporting;
- Work with in-house counsel to negotiate the terms of LPAs and side letters.
- 10 years of relevant investment experience; namely investing in private equity funds, co-investments and secondary opportunities; insurance company asset management experience preferred;
- Knowledge of partnership documentation, accounting and taxation;
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and interpersonal skills;
- Strong decision making and negotiating skills;
- Strong project management skills;
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Credit training a plus;
- MBA or equivalent degree preferred, CFA a plus.
Back to top