Senior Disability Claims Examiner (remote)
- Jersey City, NJ
Prudential is a company of smart, ambitious professionals working together across a multitude of disciplines. Together, we are building a better financial future for our customers and our communities around the globe. At Prudential, we understand that a company is only as good as its people. This simple fact is central to all that we do.
You will be part of the Long-Term Disability (LTD) Claims team which is part of our Group Insurance Business. We have Long-Term Disability offices in Roseland NJ, Portland ME, and Scottsdale AZ.
The Senior Disability Claims Manager is responsible for providing excellent customer service while managing an assigned block of around 95 to 100 Long-Term Disability claims. You will be expected to utilize judgment and assess risk as you work with various business partners to render claim decisions. As a claim manager you will partner with medical and vocational resources to evaluate disability and support return to work goals. Additional responsibilities include:
- Communicate via telephone, email, and text with employees, employers, attorneys, and others.
- Document claim information in a clear and concise manner.
- Understand and apply policy plan provisions
- Review medical records
- Complete financial calculations
- Coach new members of the team
When starting in this position, you will be part of a comprehensive training program. This program will involve five to seven weeks of training. Following this portion of training, you will work closely with a mentor as you continue to become familiar with the role.
Location: Offering the opportunity to work remotely or, if nearby, from a Prudential Group Insurance location
What you'll need to succeed:
- A minimum of 3-5 years of disability claim experience ( preferably LTD)
- Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and communication skills demonstrated in previous work experience
- Specific experience with collaborative negotiations
- Proven skills in positive and effective interaction with challenging customers
- Experience in effectively meeting/exceeding individual professional expectations and team goals.
- Demonstrated analytical and math skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment
- High level of flexibility to adapt to the needs of the organizations
It'd be a plus if you have:
- PC skills preferred (i.e. Windows based environment)
- College degree and prior claim experience preferred
Back to top