Senior DevOps Engineer
Prudential's IT organization, Global Business and Technology Solutions (GBTS) is seeking a senior DevOps engineering professional. GBTS is responsible for partnering with the Prudential lines of business to provide business technology solutions. The DevOps Engineer should have experience working with business technology organizations on Service Automation solutions both on-prem and in the cloud. This includes, but not limited to, gathering business requirements/desired outcomes and mapping business functionality to automation tools and processes. The DevOps professional is required to demonstrate technical expertise in a variety of automation and DevOps products/tools, related languages to perform scripting as needed, and the ability to drive innovative design solutions that meet business requirements.
This candidate will work in the GBTS Platform Engineering department and should have knowledge of ITSM processes, a passion for maturing existing processes/services as well as building new ones and comfortable working within a fast pace, fast changing environment while influencing teams to achieve goals in a collaborative manner.
- Serve as part of a highly-skilled, high-performing team, providing technical solutions to create valuable extensions and enhancements of our service delivery automation service offering
- Support the availability, maintenance and usage of the services offered in a hybrid environment (cloud and on premise)
- Hands on work with the building and operating of an enterprise DevOps pipeline(both cloud native and on-prem).
- Knowledge of the release management processes for deployments of code through the non-production and production/disaster recovery environments
- Monitoring the stability of all environments/services including product performance and infrastructure utilization
- Continued growth as a technical expert in the DevOps domain
- Partner with global application development teams, technologists, and operational support teams positioned in locations around the globe.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Provide 7x24 on-call support when required on a rotating basis
- Provide incident and problem management support for business groups and operations.
- Create and maintain technical documentation including operational run books, user guides, and standard operating procedures.
- Ability to analyze and apply patches, hot fixes, complete upgrades, and product enhancements for any automation tooling
- Manage all backup, restore, and disaster recovery processes and procedures. This includes understanding how to execute all procedures and meet all related SLA's and/or RTO's.
- Provide security administration support with respect to users and privileges within all automation tooling
- 3 years of experience / hands on with DevOps tooling both on-prem and in the cloud(AWS, Axure, Google)
- Delivery and operations experience with developing, testing, creating technical specifications, supporting deployments of new software programs
- Experience writing, enhancing, and maintaining Infrastructure as code(IaC)
- Experience supporting services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and system launch reviews is a plus
- Ability to maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
- Ability to evaluate DevOps pipeline tools, products, and features to make recommendations to senior leaders
- Desire for maintaining, enhancing, configuring, and tuning complex systems/solutions
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communications within and outside of the IT Department, including interactions and knowledge sharing with all levels of staff from executive level management to individual contributors
- Provide automation and DevOps solutions and establish best practices to be used as enterprise services and standards
- Responsible for reviewing business requirements/desired outcomes for DevOps pipeline related projects and building enterprise strength solutions
- General understanding of DevOps and automation best practices and leading industry standards
- Experience with Jenkins, Artifactory, AWS service catalog, cloud formation templates, AWS Code Pipeline is desired
- 3 years of experience working with the Agile SDLC methodology
- Comfortable working with the Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating system, Wintel platform, AIX, and related cloud products
- Experience with scripting (PowerShell, Shell) and creating and testing API's with REST and SOAP services for task automation is a plus
- Persistently drive projects to successful completion
- Ability to manage time and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience working in stressful situations and meeting tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated with the ability to complete objectives without requiring constant managerial oversight.
- Analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively with other team members, peer groups, or business partners
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing conditions and understand new technologies at a fast pace
- Understand how to identify continuous service improvements, implement them, and measure results
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and ability to flex with changing priorities
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent relevant experience
Back to top