Senior Big Data Engineer
- Newark, NJ
* Programming language -- Java (must), Python, Scala, Shell Scripts
* Database/Search - Oracle, complex SQL queries, stored procedures, performance tuning concepts, SOLR, AWS RDS, AWS Aurora
* Batch processing -- Hadoop MapReduce, Cascading/Scalding, Apache Spark, AWS EMR
* Stream processing -- Spark streaming, Kafka, Apache Storm, Flink
* NoSQL -- HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Hive, Impala
* ETL/ELT Frameworks including monitoring, alerting, restart
* Code/Build/Deployment -- git, svn, maven, sbt, jenkins, bamboo:
* Excellent communication both up, down and outward.
* Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
* Zeal to learn new technologies, frameworks and to grow technically and professionally
* Identify project risks and recommend mitigation efforts.
* Identify project issues, communicate them and assist in their resolution.
* Assist in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing project team methodology and performance.
* Cooperative team focused attitude
Back to top