Prudential Financial is a Fortune 100 company, known for delivering on promises to our customers and is recognized as one of the world's most admired companies. Prudential's diverse and talented employees are committed to helping customers through a variety of solutions across retirement, investment management, advice, and insurance. We have a global footprint with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe and Latin America.
About This Role
The Financial services industry is changing rapidly, and here at Prudential, we want to connect to new ideas and innovation, create new solutions and products, and find new ways to reach our customers in a manner that's most convenient to them.
In this new role, we are looking for a Senior Analyst to work across our Venture and Market Development teams and enable Prudential to identify opportunities in the marketplace that will deliver value to Prudential and its businesses. The insights provided will play a key role in defining our growth strategies and in catalyzing external opportunities.
We are listening, understanding the latest trends and insights where our customers are headed so we can learn, collaborate, innovate and invest/partner to bring value at scale.
Is This You?
- You can provide thoughtful business analysis, market research, and strategic insights to explore partnership and venture opportunities.
- You are a continuous learner, listening, understanding the latest trends and insights across a broad set of industries, and can leverage that knowledge to define where our customers are headed so we can innovate and invest/partner to create outcomes at scale.
- You are able to do business cases and are adept at working on strategic presentations as well as in pulling together financial and analytical models.
- You can independently research and identify market trends, profit pools, and help us research and understand large ecosystems.
- You will know how to manage multiple projects across multiple internal partners and pride yourself in both quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- You recognize that your projects will be part of our company's growth strategy, will be high priority, strategic, complex, and require both broad and deep insights.
- Your efforts will cut across multiple business units and require influencing, relationship, as well as project management skills.
- You are good at figuring things out. You don't get thrown or flustered easily. You can run fast and make things happen on your own-this position will require you to be productive in a highly independent way.
- You enjoy working in engaging high-energy environments, relish being part of a team, like to share new ideas and make an impact, and most importantly, have fun.
- Leads and performs research and analysis of potential partners and business opportunities, identifies and analyzes business trends and provides insights and recommendations to support strategy.
- Works independently to develop profiles of potential partners or venture opportunities through secondary research, interviews, and other techniques.
- Develop broad business cases and financial models for opportunity analysis.
- Makes conclusions and recommendations from models developed and works to develop plans for implementation.
- Works across business development and venture team to contribute to strategy and partnership and investment opportunities.
- Able to look at evolving ecosystems, identify key participants, size profit pools, and define key capabilities that are required to play various roles.
- Quickly learn new markets and work iteratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred
- 2-5 years market research and analysis experience at a management consulting, private equity or venture firm, BizDev or CorpDev teams, or in investment banking.
- Domain experience in one or more of education, healthcare, real estate, financial services, e-commerce, technology desired.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills for both internal and external audiences.
- Exceptional collaboration, inter-personal, and influencing skills.
- Resourceful and attentive to detail, along with a true passion for quality and accuracy