Do you want to be part of a smart, ambitious professional team working together to create a better future for our customers and our communities across the US?
Become a part of Prudential
As one of the most recognizable financial services companies in the world, Prudential's employees are building on our 140-year history of financial strength with a focus on innovation and transformation to meet tomorrow's most complicated challenges. We are committed to growth and development in every single employee, and we see our business success as a direct result of our talent.
What is Group Insurance?
Group Insurance is an operating unit within the U.S. Businesses Division of Prudential that primarily focuses on creating, distributing, and administering a complex range of life and disability insurance products for many top Fortune 500 companies. Prudential has been underwriting group insurance plans since 1916. Today, our Group Insurance business unit is the nation's second largest group life carrier and a leading disability carrier, proudly servicing nearly 20,000 clients-and insuring more than 20 million employees and their families. Group Insurance has operation centers across the United States.
What will you do and what impact will you have?
The Project Manager of Advanced Markets Product Management supports forecasting, planning, development, marketing, operations, and sales activities throughout the product life cycle. Products supported and/or managed may include the following: Group Variable Universal Life/Group Universal Life, Multinational Pooling, Captive Insurance, Retiree Life Buyouts, Insurance Continuance Funds, Voluntary Retiree Reducing Term, and Financial Devices. Their primary role is to:
- Oversee the day-to-day management of a product offering by utilizing data, metrics, and market feedback to form deep insights and provide recommendations to GI Product leadership that will enable product enhancements and strategic decision making.
- Execute and collaborate with core business partners to deliver critical product lifecycle processes that enable overall product and portfolio strategies.
- Collaborate and partner with functional counterparts across Group Insurance.
- Work on various projects and initiatives supporting Product Owners across the product portfolio, with ability to execute projects in scope, on time, and in budget.
- Monitor performance indicators of product offering and translate into actionable strategies and next steps for the marketplace, for internal improvements, etc.
- Resolve issues that arise with product offerings. Escalate issues to Product Owner to engage other teams when necessary.
- Partner to develop and file contract language
- Support product governance requirements, including those associated with variable life insurance
- Track product specific metrics, provide data to support the broader portfolio view, and identify gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Identify and drive efficiency opportunities and manage through obstacles.
- Help analyze data and support business case for new product enhancements (i.e., product specific KPIs, marketing data, customer data, competitive data, sales, etc.)
- Conduct cost benefit analyses and update the product business case to support recommendations provided to the Product Owner.
- Conduct annual product strategy refresh to identify shifts in the marketplace.
- Review and assess emerging regulatory issues and requirements.
- Perform competitive, market, customer, and segment analysis.
- Develop a comprehensive point of view on industry trends and the broader market and competitive landscape.
- Ensure marketing messaging is kept current and in alignment with product strategy.
- Educate Distribution and Functional Partners on Products as subject matter expert.
- Support Distribution in sales and account management activities when needed.
- Gather and synthesize input from key internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide input into distribution capacity planning process.
- Effectively utilize internal systems in compliance with Corporate policies.
- Participate in industry groups as appropriate.
- 5 years of product management/development, marketing or related experience.
- Strong managerial and leadership skills
- Experience with multinational pooling, captive reinsurance, retiree life buyouts, insurance continuance funds, voluntary retiree reducing term, group variable universal life/group universal life plans and financial devices is preferred.
- Group Insurance Project Management or other related group insurance experience such as underwriting, marketing, pricing, etc.
- Experience building internal relationships and working across a highly-matrixed organization.
- Experience analyzing large data sets and interrelated metrics from disparate sources, that enable strategic decision making.
- Outstanding communication and problem-solving skills. Ability to make decisions in an ambiguous / fast-paced environment, communicate rationale and make adjustments mid-course.
- A customer-centric focus to keep customers in forefront of decisions, connecting plans and actions to purpose of serving clients.
- Creative and innovative thinker.
- Ability to thrive in a complex, dynamic environment.
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Series 6 preferred; may be required to be obtained within 6 months of hire.