Planning & Analysis Specialist
- Newark, NJ
Prudential Financial, one of America's largest diversified Financial Services Companies, seeks a skilled and highly motivated individual to become part of our team as a Planning & Analysis Specialist in the Long-Term Care Finance area. Based in Newark NJ, this position will report to a Planning & Analysis Manager supporting the Long-Term Care business.
The successful candidate will coordinate and support all aspects of the financial planning, forecasting, and capital management processes. This area is highly visible and involves closely partnering with Actuarial, ALM Finance, Corporate Management Reporting, Corporate Tax and Treasury groups. The successful candidate should be highly motivated and possess the ability to manage multiple deliverables concurrently. The candidate will also have the opportunity to work regularly with management and will play a key role in the completion of important forecast deliverables. The position offers the candidate an excellent opportunity to develop and utilize communication and analytical skills, implement process improvements, and gain a deep knowledge of the drivers impacting Long- Term Care's GAAP, STAT and capital forecasts.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Assist management in the coordination and development of quarterly GAAP and Statutory forecast projections, in conjunction with the enterprise forecast process
- Assist with the coordination and development of capital forecasts. Main forecast deliverables include preparation of Operating Equity, Required Capital, cash flow analysis, rightsizing and other capital related items
- Collaborate with Treasury, Actuarial, ALM Finance and Corporate Tax to ensure all forecast requirements and deadlines are met
- Assist in preparation of financial analysis including profitability analysis of results relative to forecast and prior periods
- Support the DPC Program to ensure capabilities can support stress testing requirements for the LTC business
- Contribute to additional projects and presentations as needed (e.g., Model Risk, annual Capital Plan)
- Prepare and upload quarterly capital deliverables, including RBC volumes, and Required Capital as well as quarterly analysis cuts required by Treasury
- Support weekly cash flow and cash balance transfer process
- Assist management in quarterly rightsizing testing and review of LTC's capital requirements
- U ndergraduate degree with a major in Accounting or Finance preferred, with 2 years of relevant experience
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Eager to learn and accept new and challenging work assignments
- High-level of self-motivation
- Results oriented and attentive to detail
- Working knowledge of Prudential's financial systems is desirable (Obero, Oracle, etc)
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills a plus
Prudential is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce.
Back to top