The Asset Liability Management Finance (ALM Finance) team is seeking a results oriented, accountable and highly dependable candidate with strong leadership abilities for a Planning & Analysis Specialist role within the Planning & Analysis team. Note that this group also has controllership responsibilities.
ALM Finance's Planning and Analysis team is primarily responsible for the internal management reporting of the domestic general account investment results. Specific responsibilities include:
- T he quarterly investment forecast, analysis of both actual and forecast results along with the presentation of analysis to key constituents including Business Unit Finance teams, the CIO organization and Senior Management
- The analysis is primarily focused on understanding key drivers impacting invested asset balances and investment income (e.g. changes in market rates/spreads, business cash flows, changes in portfolio asset mix, use of derivative instruments, etc.)
- Primary goals include maintaining a strong control environment to ensure reported results are timely and accurate, while also preparing insightful analysis to convey the underlying story to these key constituents timely, in a clear and concise manner
- Partnering with management teams to enhance knowledge of the investment portfolio activities and strategy, while learning information useful for value added reporting; developing analytic models; and preparing ad hoc analysis for senior management.
The ideal candidate will be passionate, offer new perspectives, seek to make continual improvements in process and analysis, remain flexible when faced with shifting priorities and strive to build a team environment where associate development is a key focus. Candidates should be able to demonstrate working knowledge and accounting treatment of investment securities (GAAP, RBC, STAT).
- Undergraduate (or Masters) degree in accounting or finance
- CPA or CFA designation preferred. MBA also a plus.
- Strong financial analysis, reporting and accounting background
- Solid understanding of investment securities and the related accounting
- STAT accounting experience a plus
- Reliable and accountable, with ability to work under tight time constraints
- Effective collaborator and willing partner - foster a team environment
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal)
- Displays leadership skills and talent management awareness