PGIM Real Estate - Fund Accounting Manager
- Florham Park, NJ
As one of the largest real estate managers in the world with $179.2 billion in gross assets under management and administration1, PGIM Real Estate strives to deliver exceptional outcomes for investors and borrowers through a range of real estate equity and debt solutions across the risk-return spectrum. PGIM Real Estate is a business of PGIM, the $1.3 trillion global asset management business of Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE: PRU).
PGIM Real Estate's tenured team offers to its global client base a broad range of real estate investment vehicles that span the risk-return spectrum across core, core plus, value-add, debt, securities, and specialized investment strategies. For more information, please visit http://www.pgimrealestate.com.
The Real Estate Fund Accounting Manager will be a member of the Fund Operations team that services and supports PGIM Real Estate in the accounting and reporting of real estate investments acquired within PGIM Real Estate's domestic portfolios. The Manager will be primarily accountable for the accurate and timely accounting and reporting for their assigned portfolios. This position will be a key point of contact for all business and other functional teams as it relates to their assigned portfolios.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversight of multiple third-party fund administrators
- Ensuring adequate oversight controls are in place and working properly
- Providing proper instructions and direction as needed
- Managing a calendar of deliverables including changes and up/downstream impacts
- Tracking Key Performance Indicators to gauge performance
- Balancing expectations/relationships between the business and fund administrator
- Ensuring the timely and accurate preparation of:
- Monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and/or financial results
- Monthly, quarterly, annual and multi-year performance returns
- Quarterly data submission to various industry organizations and consultants;
- Client deliverables (client/consultant questionnaires and ad-hoc request);
- Portfolio analytics deliverables (leasing and other real estate metrics);
- Investor level reporting (client traces, exhibits, unit value calculations)
- Supporting Portfolio Management and the Asset Managers in on-going operational matters;
- Interacting with PGIM Real Estate Legal and Transaction staff on the acquisitions and sales of investments;
- Interacting with PGIM Real Estate Policy group in implementing new accounting policies and the application of the appropriate accounting treatment in various complicated transactions;
- Interacting with PGIM Real Estate Systems on various initiatives as it impacts property/portfolio data;
- Overseeing various audits with internal and external auditors;
- Management of junior accounting professionals;
- Contributing to firm wide projects, initiates, and process improvements as they pertain to assigned portfolios or the overall Fund Operations team.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required
- 5-8 years of experience in financial accounting including financial statement preparation and review; experience in the real estate investment management industry strongly preferred
- Prior experience in public accounting or CPA strongly preferred
- Understanding of generally accepted accounting principles as it relates to fair market value of real estate and fund accounting.
- Understanding of data validation and flow as it relates to accounting/operations deliverables and their down streams effect on other reporting systems/teams.
- Experience with managing a third-party fund administrator a plus
- Knowledge of and experience with REIT structures and taxation
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple processes within tight deadlines while responding to various requests from multiple parties
- Commitment to process improvement and always looking to add value
- Working knowledge of joint venture waterfalls and income calculations
- Experience calculating or reviewing asset management or incentive fee calculations
- Knowledge of performance return calculations and GIPS a plus
- Proficient in Excel
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and partnering skills
Any applicant selected for this position will be required to submit to an extensive background screening and a credit check. Failure to comply will eliminate an applicant from consideration for this position. Any negative information obtained as a result of the background screening may result in the disqualification of the applicant from this and any other position in Prudential.
All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Prudential is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce.
Back to top