PGIM Real Estate Finance - Staff Accountant
- Fresno, CA
PGIM Agricultural Investments (PAI) is a business within PGIM Real Estate Finance, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Prudential Financial, Inc. Leveraging a 100 year history in agricultural and timberland lending and equity/real estate management services, Prudential's agriculture business provides lending and equity management services in the agribusiness and the timber sector throughout the United States.
The Capital Agricultural Property Services, Inc. (CAPS) unit of PAI provides property management and brokerage services in the agricultural real estate industry. CAPS is seeking to hire an Accounting Associate in our Fresno, CA location.
The position reports directly to the Accounting Manager and provides direct technical assistance to the farm management and asset management staff. The incumbent will be responsible for the accounting of approximately 8-12 agricultural properties managed by CAPS. Accounting duties include entering, compiling, analyzing, reconciling and reporting of transactions in conformity with US GAAP in order to meet both financial and management reporting needs. The incumbent will act as the point person with regard to financial questions about the properties in his/her portfolio. This position also performs some administrative support duties for the Capital Agricultural Property Services' farm managers.
- Follow prescribed accounting principles and practices in the day-to-day maintenance of accounting records and the preparation of reports for 8-12 agricultural properties.
- Review and process all accounting for properties including: invoices, incoming checks, source documents related to crop sales, capital expenditures, leases, etc.
- Prepare and input monthly, quarterly and annual accruals for expenses and revenues for all farm properties.
- Maintain files for leases, marketing agreements, management agreements, and certificates of insurance. Ensure all are current and invoiced timely, if appropriate.
- Assist in preparation of items for external and management audits.
- Complete and deliver management reporting to farm and asset managers.
- Act as primary point of contact for farm managers that manage assigned properties.
- Prepare budgets and other forecasting for assigned properties.
- Administrative duties and special projects as needed.
- B.S. degree in accounting or related discipline required.
- Prefer 1-5 years of accounting experience. Accounting experience in agriculture sector is a plus. Will consider entry level candidates.
- E xcellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization skills required with the ability to multi-task in a time sensitive environment where meeting established deadlines are critical.
- Personal computer skills (Advanced Excel, Access, Word, Microsoft Packages).
- Candidate must be self-motivated and detail oriented.
Back to top