PGIM Real Estate - ESG Program Manager
- Los Angeles, CA
PGIM Real Estate is one of the largest real estate managers in the world with $179.2 billion in gross assets under management and administration 1 , PGIM Real Estate strives to deliver exceptional outcomes for investors and borrowers through a range of real estate equity and debt solutions across the risk-return spectrum. PGIM Real Estate is a business of PGIM, the $1.3 trillion global asset management business of Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE: PRU). PGIM Real Estate's rigorous risk management, seamless execution, and extensive industry insights are backed by a 50-year legacy of investing in commercial real estate, a 140-year history of real estate financing 2 , and the deep local expertise of professionals in 31 cities globally. Through its investment, financing, asset management, and talent management approach, PGIM Real Estate engages in practices that ignite positive environmental and social impact, while pursuing activities that strengthen communities around the world. For more information visit www.pgimrealestate.com.
PGIM Real Estate is one of the nation's largest full-service commercial real estate lenders, originating a wide variety of commercial mortgage investments for Prudential's General Account, investment management clients, our debt fund and other third-party capital sources (such as Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, or other institutional investors).
1 As of December 31, 2019. Includes US$37.1 billion in AUA. 2 Includes legacy lending through PGIM's parent company, PFI.
PGIM Real Estate is seeking an experienced ESG Program Manager to support our Global and Regional ESG Teams with the ongoing implementation of our Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategic goals and targets. The Sustainability Manager will support ESG program needs including data management, survey collection, reporting and certifications coordination between the ESG consulting team and property teams.
- Serve as the internal liaison to manage, coordinate and monitor implementation and progress of ESG initiatives
- Steward cross department collaboration between our Global Head of ESG, ESG Councils, ESG Consultant team, our Heads of ESG in Europe/Asia and the Americas, as well as coordination across internal functional groups, asset management and external property managers
- Work closely with our ESG Consultant's engineering team to help coordinate data collection with asset management and external property managers in support of our larger efforts to manage utility data for our international portfolio
- Provide data management support in our ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager platform and aid with data collection requests, surveys, green building certifications and sustainability audits including energy, water, waste, carbon emissions and indoor air quality assessments
- Support corporate ESG programs with tracking ESG data portfolio wide, sustainability and ESG reporting, implementing employee and tenant engagement, and education programs
- Help conduct ESG assessments, respond to due diligence questionnaires and requests for information from investors, implement ESG policies, track ongoing progress, and support educational webinars and presentations
- Support the ESG team with GRESB, UNPRI and annual data collection efforts for our ESG reports, speaking engagements and award applications
- Bachelor's Degree with a focus on Environmental Science, Architecture, Engineering, Energy Management, Real Estate, Sustainability, or related field required. Master's degree preferred.
- M inimum of 3 years related professional experience required. Experience in an ESG or sustainability role within the real estate investment management industry strongly preferred.
- GRESB reporting and sustainability project management experience strongly preferred
- LEED Green Associate, LEED Accredited Professional or Certified Energy Manager (CEM) a plus
- Experience managing relationships and setting expectations with sustainability and ESG teams, asset managers, property managers, and project teams
- Familiarity with building systems and local/state benchmarking regulations, Green Building Certifications including LEED, ENERGY STAR, and Fitwel, and key ESG standards including GRI, TCFD, and SASB
- Experience with ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manage and top ESG Reporting Frameworks including GRESB, UNPRI, and CDP
- Strong quantitative skills and demonstrated analytical ability
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication, presentation, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to manage, manipulate and analyze utility billing and usage data (energy, water, waste)
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and ability to learn new applications
Back to top