PGIM Real Estate - Director, Data Strategy Project Manager
- Florham Park, NJ
PGIM Real Estate is the global real estate investment business of Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE: PRU). Redefining the real estate investing landscape since 1970, PGIM Real Estate has professionals in 18 cities in the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific with deep local knowledge and expertise, and gross assets under management of $71.8 billion ($49.8 billion net) as of September 30, 2019.
PGIM Real Estate's tenured team offers to its global client base a broad range of real estate investment vehicles that span the risk-return spectrum across core, core plus, value-add, debt, securities, and specialized investment strategies. For more information, please visit http://www.pgimrealestate.com.
PGIM Real Estate's Business Management group supports the global leadership team in the design and implementation of business operating policies, processes, and long-term strategies. We are seeking a project manager to drive forward the implementation of strategic initiatives, including cutting-edge projects related to establishing a more flexible and scalable information management platform in line with the firm's technology roadmap.
This role provides the opportunity to support the evolution and growth of PGIM Real Estate's business and client base. PGIM Real Estate provides a welcoming and collaborative culture that is committed to developing and retaining talent. The role may be based in either Madison NJ or New York, NY. If based in New York, it will require travel to Madison 1-2 times per week. The role will report to the Vice President of Business Management.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide project management execution for implementing state-of-the-art data capabilities. Leverage knowledge of data analytics, golden sources of data, data flows, and systems architecture to move initiatives forward.
- Facilitate the formulation and implementation of a data governance structure and processes incorporating stewardship, standards and definitions, data security, corporate compliance and internal controls.
- Provide project management discipline and structure to keep initiatives on schedule and within scope. Develop and maintain project documentation including project plans, presentations, issues lists, meeting agendas/minutes, and action item trackers. Use problem solving and relationship management skills to move initiatives forward and meet deadlines.
- Build understanding of PGIM Real Estate's broader business strategy, systems, and operations and draw on that knowledge to identify and resolve potential issues and/or interdependencies.
- Build a detailed understanding of internal and external data sources and uses and utilize that knowledge to provide recommendations for how to improve data flows, enhance processes, and enhance our systems infrastructure.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders and work with cross-functional team to resolve outstanding issues. Facilitate sessions to bring issues to resolution. Provide / suggest solutions while working collaboratively to reach consensus.
- Develop presentations to explain strategy, direction, and status to senior management and to the broader organization.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience with at least 3 years in a project management role related to data and information management within the financial services industry. Experience in real estate investment management preferred
- Technologically savvy with advanced knowledge of excel and passion for leveraging data to make fact-based decisions
- Demonstrated proficiency in executing agendas aligned with business strategy
- Strong communicator with an ability to read a room, convey a message succinctly, and tell a story effectively using tools such as MS PowerPoint
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Team player with an ability to build partnerships and influence across all levels of the organization
- Impeccable judgment to handle sensitive information
- Desire to build a deep understanding of the real estate investment management business and learn all aspects of PGIM Real Estate's operations
- Self-starter with ability to work independently while communicating frequently
Any applicant selected for this position will be required to submit to an extensive background screening and a credit check. Failure to comply will eliminate an applicant from consideration for this position. Any negative information obtained as a result of the background screening may result in the disqualification of the applicant from this and any other position in Prudential.
All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Prudential is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce.
Back to top