PGIM Real Estate - Central CA Farm Manager
- Fresno, CA
PGIM Agricultural Investments (PAI) is a business within PGIM Real Estate, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Prudential Financial, Inc. Leveraging a 100 year history in agricultural equity/real estate management services and lending, Prudential's agriculture business provides equity management services and lending in the agribusiness sector throughout the United States. With the combination of new funding and current and new investment mandates, PAI will soon be approaching $1 billion invested in Western United States agriculture.
The Capital Agricultural Property Services, Inc. (CAPS) unit of PAI provides property management services in the Western Region. CAPS is seeking to expand its farm management team by hiring a Farm Manager for the Southern San Joaquin Valley with experience with almonds, pistachios, and citrus to be part of our Western Region team located in Fresno, CA location. This position will be based in the Southern San Joaquin Valley and will have occasional travel to Fresno for meetings as needed.
This position will report directly to the Western Region Vice President of Farming. This role will manage a group of properties managed by CAPS in the Western United States and will be responsible for all operational aspects for assigned farms.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
1. Manage a select number of properties within the Western Region Portfolio, evaluate performance and identify how to make on farm improvements to deliver strong returns to clients;
2. Act as central point of contact with onsite managers and with internal team members for all operational related matters;
3. Assist onsite managers with the development of annual crop operating budgets, and capital expenditure budgets;
4. Work in conjunction with onsite managers and provide oversight of all horticultural practices on properties for both new developments and mature planting, including activities related to land preparation, water management, training/pruning, crop protection, fertility/soil amendments, harvest, etc.;
5. Visit properties regularly and review monthly costs as compared to budget for monthly operations reporting;
6. Review and approve invoices from onsite managers monthly;
7. Provide recommendations for the selection of onsite managers and crop marketing firms;
8. Assist with implementation of capital projects including soliciting and analyzing bids, coordinating schedules, and managing deadlines;
9. Understand and ensure compliance with State and Federal laws governing farm operations including environmental regulations, food safety, and water and labor laws;
1. Assist with the due diligence of new acquisitions including the assessment of site suitability, general crop health, soil quality and water quality as needed.
The successful candidate will have:
• 8 years of experience in relative farm management experience;
• An undergraduate degree in an Agricultural related field;
• Real Estate Sales or Brokerage license would be highly desirable (will eventually be required);
• Unquestioned integrity;
• Strong work ethic with a commitment to customer service;
• Excellent oral and written communications skill;
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
• Demonstratable knowledge of how property-level decisions translate into return performance;
• Personal Computer Skills (Excel and Word);
• Proven ability to develop, cultivate, and manage high quality relationships with existing and potential onsite managers, colleagues, industry participants, and clients.
Back to top