PGIM Investments - Director, Fixed Income Product Manager
- Newark, NJ
PGIM Investments Product Management seeks to deliver proactive product content to assist Sales and Marketing in effectively positioning Prudential's retail fund family - through affiliated and non-affiliated distribution channels, resulting in increased assets and market share.
This position will work closely with various business units within Prudential including PGIM Fixed Income, Product Management, Competitor Analytics, Marketing, Product Development, Sales, Compliance, Legal and Fund Administration. The position will report to a Vice President, Product Management.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
· Accurately and effectively position our Fixed Income products based on information from PGIM Fixed Income, external news sources, internally run data, feedback from sales, and other sources.
· Work closely with sales management and internal partners on product positioning, recommending the development of new materials and ways to enhance existing pieces.
· Act as an advocate for the Fixed Income product line. Know PGIM Fixed Income's strategies, how to navigate the firm, how to attain information, and develop processes for effective communication.
· Proactively identify issues impacting the product line and recommend next steps/solutions.
· Provide strategic direction for the product line. Review existing product line and recommend changes/enhancements where applicable. e.g. pricing, benchmark, portfolio managers, strategy and investment limits.
· Responsible for reviewing others work to ensure accuracy and message consistency.
· Monitor capital markets, trade publications, flows, performance, portfolio characteristics and competitive landscape.
· Present product updates and positioning at sales meetings.
· Work with internal groups on the structure and positioning of new products.
· Train new hires on the basics of the product line and current employees on new products, product changes, etc...
· Drive relationships with Distribution (Sales, National Accounts, IODC, etc...) along with internal partners (Product Development, Marketing, Legal, Compliance, Fund Admin, etc)
· Respond to sales inquiries in a timely manner (answer questions, provide data, etc...)
· Present strategy information and product updates on calls with Financial Professionals.
· Limited travel to present with sales coordinators and to industry conferences.
· Legally required work - Review shareholder reports and prospectuses, 15(c) peer reviews, capital gains distributions, etc....
· Proactively and reactively generate analytical data that can support product positioning.
· Create & update fund presentations and fund positioning documents.
· Respond to special requests from Senior Management.
· Assist with competitive analysis and positioning points.
• Strong fixed income knowledge with ability to articulate complex concepts to audiences with varying degrees of investment acumen.
• Understanding of financial markets, investment concepts, styles and issues.
• Must be able to effectively communicate with and work with the PGIM Investments Sales and Marketing teams.
• Series 7 license.
• Bachelors degree required. CFA or CIMA designation preferred.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to create efficient processes.
• Must have the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, and complete projects on a timely basis.
• Ability to influence people who don't have a direct reporting relationship.
• Strong PC skills (including general software and industry databases such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Lipper, FactSet, Barclays Live, Morningstar Direct, LANA, Bloomberg, etc.).
• An undergraduate degree and 10 years of mutual fund industry experience preferred.
• Solid written communication and oral presentation skills.
• Strong attention to detail, with analytical capabilities.
• Team player with excellent interpersonal skills; must be able to establish and maintain effective, cooperative working relationships with all departments and organizational levels.
• Creative thinker with an ability to identify process improvement opportunities, as well as sales ideas.
• Desire to make a strong contribution and continue to advance through the group.
Back to top