PGIM Fixed Income is a global asset manager offering active solutions across all fixed income markets. The company has offices in Newark, New Jersey, London, Tokyo and Singapore. As of June 30, 2020, the firm has $920 billion of assets under management including $388 billion in institutional assets, $179 billion in retail assets, and $352 billion in proprietary assets. Over 848 institutional asset owners have entrusted PGIM Fixed Income with their assets.
Who We Look For:
In PGIM Fixed Income, our technology group is a dynamic, fast-paced environment, with exciting changes on the horizon under new senior leadership. We are looking for you to align with our development team in migrating applications from our legacy platform to our evolving architectural environment. You will have a proven background in building complex front office systems in Java and Python. You will identify this challenge as a unique and valuable opportunity to take part in our global technical transformation, so if this sounds interesting, then PGIM could be the place for you.
What You Will Do:
- Build and maintain new and existing applications in preparation for a large-scale architectural migration within an Agile function.
- Align with the Investment Tech Product Owner and Scrum Master in assessing business needs and transforming them into scalable applications.
- Build and maintain code to manage data received from heterogenous data formats including web-based sources, internal/external databases, flat files, heterogenous data formats (binary, ASCII).
- Work with industry wide caching frameworks (HazelCast, MemSQL, MemCach) to leverage distributed caching methodology and optimize application performances
- Design and implement event base services leveraging messaging frameworks such as Kafka, Zero-MQ, Rabbit-MQ ... in order to build close to real-time streaming framework.
- Design and support effective storage and retrieval of very large internal and external data set and be forward think about the convergence strategy with our AWS cloud migration
- Assess the impact of scaling up and scaling out and ensure sustained data management and data delivery performance.
- Build interfaces for supporting evolving and new applications and accommodating new data sources and types of data.
• 10 years of experience in building out core financial trading systems in Core Java and/or Python.
• Cloud experience (Spark/Scala/EC2/Redshift).
• Direct experience supporting front office end-users (PM, Quant, Risk) and sound understanding of capital markets within Fixed Income.
• Knowledge of Jira, Confluence, SAFe development methodology & DevOps.
• Experience with building microservices using Spring boot framework.
• Experience with one of the messaging frameworks like Kafka, Rabbit-MQ or IBM MQ.
• Experience with one of the caching frameworks.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to think quickly and offer alternatives both independently and within teams.
• Proven ability to work quickly in a dynamic environment.
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or a related field.
Want to learn more about PGIM and their success: By The Numbers