PGIM Fixed Income - Senior Quantitative Developer, Rates
- Newark, NJ
PGIM Fixed Income is a global asset manager offering active solutions across all fixed income markets. The company has offices in Newark, New Jersey, London, Tokyo and Singapore. As of September 30, 2019, the firm has $838 billion of assets under management including $354 billion in institutional assets, $152 billion in retail assets, and $332 billion in proprietary assets. Over 600 institutional asset owners have entrusted PGIM Fixed Income with their assets.
Who We Look For:
In PGIM Fixed Income the Quantitative Modeling and Strategies group covers all major global public fixed income markets, we model credit, interest rate and foreign exchange risk. We work closely with PMs and traders as well as with colleagues in risk management, structured finance research, and the technology solution group.
We are looking for a strong Quantitative Developer to help build out and expand our new analytics framework. Our ideal candidate will build strong partnerships with all our global business partners and will identify and resolve all potential issues in a concise manner. Our next hire will identify this challenge as a unique and valuable opportunity, so if this sounds interesting, then PGIM could be the place for you.
What You Will Do:
- Primary responsibility is to implement and enhance the firm's new proprietary security&portfolio level analytics framework.
- Contribute to the team's new and existing real-time analytic and modeling platform with a focus on the rates space.
- Partner with groups across the organization to identify new initiatives or enhancements related to our modeling analytics.
- Assist in ensuring platform quality and encouraging broad adoption across the enterprise.
Skills You Will Need:
- Broad securities knowledge, covering rates, credit, derivatives, FX and futures markets. Work experience in the development of analytics covering one or more of the above products.
- Strong programming skills and work experience with at least one scripting language and one OO language is essential. ( Ideally Python and C )
- Hands-on implementation of end-to-end system(s) is a major plus. This includes data processing, storage and handling, financial modelling, system/process implementation and tool/UI design.
- Strongly prefer candidates with real time system experience.
- Prefer candidates with Fixed Income market experience. Equity and other cross markets are a plus.
- General knowledge of broader mathematical and technical methods and tools are preferred. Graduate degree in a hard science a plus.
Back to top