PGIM Fixed Income - Senior Application Support Engineer
- Newark, NJ
PGIM Fixed Income is a global asset manager offering active solutions across all fixed income markets. The company has offices in Newark, New Jersey, London, Tokyo and Singapore. As of September 30, 2020, the firm has $946 billion of assets under management including $402 billion in institutional assets, $187 billion in retail assets, and $357 billion in proprietary assets. Over 848 institutional asset owners have entrusted PGIM Fixed Income with their assets.
Who We Are:
In PGIM Fixed Income, our technology group is a dynamic, fast-paced environment, with exciting changes on the horizon under new senior leadership. We are looking for a well-rounded, senior application support engineer like you to liaise between our external vendors, end users and technology team to provide oversight and stability within our production environment. You will have proven experience in supporting complex investment management platforms and applications. This will include front-office investment systems, business support applications and complex back-office data management and automation platforms. You will identify this challenge as a unique and valuable opportunity to help drive our global technology transformation, so if this sounds interesting, then PGIM could be the place for you.
What You Will Do:
- Provide application support for systems used by our Quantitative Strategies, Portfolio Analytics and Investment Risk division; troubleshooting business issues, solving problems to diverse investment teams and product aligned business areas
- Ownership and accountability for the operation, monitoring and integrity of the technology platform, including complex nightly data import processes from multiple external vendors
- Triage and escalation support for members of the broader technology team including evenings and weekends on a rotation basis
- Detect support issues patterns and draw statistics from tickets collected in order to hold development teams accountable for near-term tactical and strategic fix.
- Ownership and participation in the incident and problem management processes, being accountable for resolution, root cause analysis and technology/business reporting as well as communication
- Providing oversight for the stability of the production environment within the change management process and ensuring policies are enforced
- Own minor development tasks/projects that help address existing bugs or introduce operational enhancements to the broader business community or our technology organization
- Navigate the broader technology organization, build relationships to manage the team's agenda with our critical technology partners
- Interface with external vendors and their technical support/development organizations ensuring focus to resolution of issues and strategic enhancements
Proactively identify improvements and address them through independent thinking within a consensus driven team
- Work in close partnership with the development teams to identify, escalate and help persistent patterns of issues
- Partner closely with testing and release control teams to move tested code into production
What You Will Need:
- 10 years of experience in financial services technology, ideally with a focus in investment management.
- Strong understanding of the SDLC process, with a focus on application support and release management
- Technical fluency to use your software coding skills to automate manual processes in the production environment (python hands-on experience preferred)
- A hunger for continuous improvement, constantly looking for opportunities to improve upon the status quo and a desire to improve the support experience for our business and technology teams
- Ability to promptly escalate issues at the time of resolution in order to make them visible and seek guidance when needed
- Ability write and enrich our documentation base and prepare step by step run books to propagate the knowledge to other team members
- Experience supporting applications hosted on the cloud (AWS experience preferred)
- Experience with the use of Enterprise Scheduling/workflow software (Autosys preferred)
- Direct experience with the Atlassian product suite, including JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience using service management tools (ServiceNow preferred)
- Experience with Sybase and MS SQL Server (SQL database query and reporting experience preferred)
- Experience with the use and capabilities of ETL software, with a strong preference for Pentaho
- Experience working in a DevOps environment combined with a demonstrated experience in an Agile development environment
- Experience with assisting development, testing and release teams with CI/CD pipelines and containerization (Docker)
- Fluency in configuring/using modern monitoring tools desired (DynaTrace, Splunk etc.)
Knowledge of the trading lifecycle, portfolio management and trading systems throughout the full application stack
- Ability to read code, code release and release note to understand if latest releases could be at the root of problems encountered by our users or our night batches
- Ability to present technology concisely to the business locally and globally with a good understanding of the receiving audience.
Back to top