PGIM Fixed Income - Director, Product Owner
PGIM Fixed Income is a global asset manager offering active solutions across all fixed income markets. The company has offices in Newark, New Jersey, London, Tokyo and Singapore. As of September 30, 2019, the firm has $838 billion of assets under management including $354 billion in institutional assets, $152 billion in retail assets, and $332 billion in proprietary assets. Over 600 institutional asset owners have entrusted PGIM Fixed Income with their assets.
Who We Look For:
In PGIM Fixed Income, our technology group is a dynamic, fast-paced environment, with exciting changes on the horizon under new senior leadership. We are looking for a highly influential leader to operate as the product owner for our Global Shared Service teams that will sit functionally as part of the technology organization while tightly aligned to the finance, compliance, operating risk and human resource teams. Our ideal candidate will have proven experience in managing the priorities, strategies and relationships between technology and business teams, directing the outcomes of middle/back office development teams.
The main responsibility of the Product Owner is to serve the end-user, customer and stakeholders of the product. Product Owners complete analysis based on discussions with the business directly and translating that analysis into scope and stories for their scrum team to deliver. Moreover, product owners are the bridge between the customer and the scrum team. As such, this position requires a high level of direct interaction with business users and excellent communication and delivery skills. This individual must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work on a variety of assignments with people at all levels of the organization. Critical for success in this role will be the ability to operate at a fast pace yet ensuring team adherence to technology application development processes, operational procedures and standards. The right candidate for this role will identify this challenge as a unique and valuable opportunity to help drive our global technology transformation, so if this sounds interesting, then PGIM could be the place for you.
What You Will Do:
- Communicate the product strategy effectively to key stakeholders and team members.
- Be the key engagement point for the shared services teams - specifically focused on improving client on-boarding, document management, regulatory reporting, financial reporting, KIR and metrics, etc..
- Prioritize and represent programs of work on behalf of the business and assess quality of outcomes for the technology delivery team comprised of scrum master, developers, testers, business analysts and DevOps engineer.
- Ensure delivery of scope, partner with your scrum team to ensure user stories are clear, remove barriers for team members and resolve open issues/questions quickly and efficiently.
What you will need:
- Fifteen plus years of prior hands-on experience overseeing development activities and supporting middle/back office Fixed Income global operations systems.
- Five years working in a leadership capacity, directing the outcomes of staff in a matrix management Agile structure.
- Excellent relationship management experience, able to carefully manage business expectations with pragmatic and realistic technology delivery.
- Knowledge of the investment industry (technology, financial instruments, workflows, etc.) preferred
- Technical product management experience preferred
- A bias toward architecture evolution that continually adds business value
- Experience building and delivering software solutions with world-class security and reliability
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to collect, absorb, and analyze information quickly and independently
- Ability to develop recommendations, form judgments and make decisions based on existing available data
- Executive communication (verbal and written) skills and an ability to communicate complex technical information in simpler terms
- Strong interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of individuals at all levels of the organization
- Highly motivated, with the ability to take initiative, set priorities and perform tasks with minimal guidance
- Proven ability to develop and manage cross functional processes and project timelines
- Excellent follow-through, attention to detail and time management skills
- Experience with setting technology strategy in alignment with business priorities; able to guide and balance both technology and business delivery in line with industry best-of-breed solutions.
- Experience with JIRA or other tools used to support Agile development methodology.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, Finance, Economics or related subject.
Back to top