PGIM Fixed Income - Director of DevOps Engineering
PGIM Fixed Income is a global asset manager offering active solutions across all fixed income markets. The company has offices in Newark, New Jersey, London, Tokyo and Singapore. As of December 31, 2019, the firm has $851 billion of assets under management including $365 billion in institutional assets, $159 billion in retail assets, and $327 billion in proprietary assets. Over 790 institutional asset owners have entrusted PGIM Fixed Income with their assets.
Who We Look For:
In PGIM Fixed Income, our technology group is a dynamic, fast-paced environment, with exciting changes on the horizon under new senior leadership. In the rapidly evolving DevOps space, we are looking for a forward-thinking individual to advance our software life cycle automation and design and implement best practice around our how out platforms leverage technology infrastructure for world-class performance, availability and scalability. Our next hire will identify this challenge as a unique and valuable opportunity to take part in our global technical transformation, so if this sounds interesting, then PGIM could be the place for you.
What You Will Do:
Build high quality solutions with a focus on automation and innovation through engineering mindset
Optimize current on premise infrastructure for cost, performance and availability
Perform daily hands-on engineering tasks as well as provide performance, people and project management.
Implementing security best practices that aligns with our ability to deliver products and services to our customer.
Understand enterprise monitoring and logging tools to provide earlier warning and provide insights for our infrastructure limiting downtime and improving transparency
Key Collaborator with executive leadership, software engineering and product management teams to ensure engineering execution meets business needs and is delivered in consistent and predictable manner.
Develop monitoring and design metrics-based processes
Champion all non-functional requirements of technical components like high availability, scalability and fault tolerance etc.
Own the manage the stability and technology roadmap for the systems and responsible for delivering successful projects for these systems. Ensure successful execution of product roadmap that aligns with our platforms.
Interface with technology operations, technology business management, information security, and architecture to ensure solutions are prioritized and structured to meet design and operational objectives.
Partner with internal development teams and user plus external enterprise
What you will need:
- 8-10 years engineering, architecting and delivering infrastructure technology solutions leading teams focused on platform and application engineering and operations
- Strong understand of DevOps, Pipeline Construction, Release automation and deployment (Jenkins, Ansible, Jira, Bitbucket/GIT, Confluence, Gradle)
- Experience building highly-available, high-performing services at scale and creating, and evolving platform libraries/services used by other engineers
- Strong experience with cloud platforms, including AWS, Azure and Google
- Direct experience in containerization using Docker or Kubernetes
- Demonstrated experience with operating systems including Windows Server, Linux and Active Directory
- Strong exposure to virtualization platforms including VMware and Site Recovery Manager
- Experience driving adoption of new technology into existing complex systems.
- Detailed knowledge of enterprise security tools (SSH, SFTP, Active Directory, Vintella, TLS).
- Demonstrated ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with
- customers and partners at the engineering leadership/executive level.
- Ability to present and communicate own ideas, multi-task and to meet established deadlines.
- Exceptional problem solving, analytic and diagnostic skill.
- Familiarity with microservice architecture and SOAP/RESTful APIs between internal and external service layers using industry standards.
- Knowledge of Unit & Integration Testing practices.
- Functional understanding of Relational Data technologies: SAP ASE, SQL Server, Hadoop, Spark, Pentaho.
What we would love to see:
- Experience with messaging tools (Kafka, JMS, AMQP)
Want to learn more about PGIM and their success: By The Numbers
Back to top