PGIM is the diversified asset management business of Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE: PRU). With $1.4 trillion in assets under management, and 38 offices spanning 16 countries, PGIM is among the world's top-10 largest asset managers. Comprised of seven self-governing asset management divisions, each PGIM business offers a distinct workplace culture that aligns with the firm's ultimate objective: to provide premier service to our clients while fostering an inclusive workplace culture that is rooted in trust, respect and equality.
PGIM Fixed Income is a global asset manager offering active solutions across all fixed income markets. The company has offices in Newark, New Jersey, London, Tokyo and Singapore. As of September 30, 2020, the firm has $946 billion of assets under management including $402 billion in institutional assets, $187 billion in retail assets, and $357 billion in proprietary assets. Over 848 institutional asset owners have entrusted PGIM Fixed Income with their assets.
In PGIM Fixed Income, our technology group is a dynamic, fast-paced environment, with exciting changes on the horizon under new senior leadership. We are looking for a highly analytical, data driven, technical savvy Business Analyst like you that can partner with our internal & external business users to capture & analyze requirements and assist with implementation and testing of software releases. You will have in-depth knowledge of Fixed Income products and will feel comfortable working within large internal and external data sets. We want you to see this challenge as a unique and valuable opportunity, so if this sounds interesting, then PGIM could be the place for you.
Utilize knowledge of business analysis concepts and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies to support business initiatives and system enhancements within our Credit value stream function
Perform business process reviews and workflow changes by working with business users, vendors, and IT when applicable
Manage clear expectations by establishing clear timelines, milestones, and providing transparency on risks, dependencies, and issues through status reporting
Create process flows and conduct gap analysis for current state vs future state
Analyze data to help support business requirement gathering and data quality efforts
Document business requirements and functional and technical specifications
Analyze business processes and make recommendations for improvements
Keep abreast of industry initiatives and market trends that impact the business to continue to improve efficiencies
Responsible for understanding technology impact on the business processes
Assist with internal/external communication, improving transparency and disseminating information
Your Required Skills:
• 10 years of Business Analysis at a buy-side Fixed Income firm supporting front office end-users (Credit Research, Portfolio Managers, Investment Risk, & Quantitative Strategies)
• Experience in various Fixed Income instruments is required (e.g. U.S. Treasuries, Investment Grade, High Yield, EMD, Mortgages, Sovereign Debt / Government Bonds, Corporate Bonds, OTCD, and Repos)
• Experience in Fixed Income credit research practices and ESG are a plus
• Working knowledge of data governance and ability to ensure high data quality is maintained throughout the data lifecycle of a project
• The ideal candidate will demonstrate an ability to structure SQL queries, understand stored procedures, have experience with Business Intelligence Reporting tools and understand relational database models.
• Innate ability to assess current process and suggest change-driven solutions to enhance business outcomes
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to conduct root cause analysis on system, process or production problems and ability to provide viable solutions
• Ability to optimize end-user proficiency with new systems, programs, and applications across departments
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects and work effectively under pressure; exceptional organizational and administrative skills; at ease with abundance of details, yet mindful of big picture at all time
• Experience with Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools (Jira, Confluence)
Your Desired Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or a related field.
• CFA Certification
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Prudential.