Paralegal- Individual Life Insurance
- Newark, NJ
The Individual Life Insurance Product Solutions Team in Newark, NJ has an opening for a motivated and high achieving paralegal to join a dynamic and innovative product development team. The successful candidate will primarily support securities/insurance attorneys in the Individual Life Insurance Law Department and the Individual Life Insurance Product Solutions Team in the development and filing of all life insurance products with state insurance departments and the Interstate Insurance Product Regulation Commission. Also, this paralegal will support the filing and maintenance of variable universal life insurance registration statements, as well as other required filings, with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Product knowledge in the life insurance space will allow significant interaction with internal business clients to draft disclosure language, gather information, efficiently create or update numerous disclosure documents and agreements, and provide support on life insurance product matters that arise in connection with various life insurance product initiatives.
This paralegal will also be responsible for assisting attorneys in executing legal transactions and for securing, preparing, drafting and processing legal documents and undertaking legal research and other special projects on a variety of life insurance matters, including regulatory, product development, and customer issues. The candidate will work with all levels of employees in the business.
Remote work available.
- A strong background in life insurance and mutual funds is preferred.
- Experience with SEC filings under the Investment Company Act of 1940 and the Securities Act of 1933 (Forms N-6 and S-1).
- Experience with state insurance department filings, particularly plan of operations and variable qualification.
- The ability to manage large, complex documents is required.
- The ability to work within a cross-functional team environment is required.
- The ability to manage several projects at one time.
- Strong legal research and writing skills are required. Experience conducting 50 state surveys on insurance law matters and ability to synthesize research results across multiple jurisdictions are strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office is required.
- Experience with corporate governance matters is preferred.
- Familiarity with content management systems/tools is a plus.
- A bachelor's degree or paralegal certificate and several years of experience as a paralegal focused on 1940 Act filings and/ or state insurance laws are strongly preferred.
Back to top