· The candidate will work as part of a team of paralegals and attorneys in the Enterprise Litigation Group ("ELG").
· The candidate must possess strong litigation support skills, which include assisting in the drafting of documents and litigation hold orders, reviewing pleadings to confirm factual content and providing comments on such, working with internal and outside counsel in drafting responses to written discovery requests, contacting business partners to compile documents/records in support of litigation, assembling and analyzing collected data, and recording case activity in Prudential's matter management system.
· The candidate will assist in the review of third-party civil subpoenas and requests for information, including determining the validity of the legal documents and communicating with the requesting party, internal and outside counsel, and business partners in order to ensure appropriate responses.
· The candidate will support the Discovery Services Team on the litigation hold process, including but not limited to reconciling and running reports from the litigation hold system.
· The candidate will submit discovery requests for data collection to the Discovery Services Team at the direction of internal and outside counsel.
· The candidate will assist in the maintenance, aggregation, quality control and reporting of information relating to ELG matters and risk criteria, including management of certain internal tracking databases and producing comprehensive, timely and accurate litigation management reports.
· The candidate will participate in other ELG projects such as annual review of ELG Standard Operating Procedures and records management initiatives.
• Strong legal background and solid writing skills. Corporate business law experience would be a plus.
• Ability to work well with all levels of employees, work well under pressure, work independently, take initiative and handle confidential matters. Must effectively interact with internal and outside counsel, and senior leaders within the organization.
• Strong analytical, project management and time management skills with the ability to prioritize work under multiple on-going and tight deadlines.
• Experience with Microsoft Office O365 applications with advanced knowledge of Excel and SharePoint.
• Technological experience with a matter management system and litigation hold system are a plus.
• The position will require technical savviness, ability to learn and adapt quickly, attention to detail, and strong written and oral communications.
• A bachelor's degree, paralegal certificate and five or more years of experience as a paralegal are preferred.
Overtime may be required.
Meet Some of Prudential's Employees
Whitney J.Senior Digital Product Manager, Customer Office
Whitney figures out how Prudential’s products can achieve business outcomes while meeting customer demands. She then works with the tech and design teams to bring those visions to life.
Back to top