Manager, Retirement Sales Training
- Hartford, CT
Why Join Prudential?
Prudential is a company of smart, ambitious professionals working together across a multitude of disciplines. Together, we are building a better financial future for our customers and our communities around the globe. At Prudential, we understand that a company is only as good as its people. This simple fact is central to all that we do. We call it "the Talent Mindset" - a company-wide commitment to attract and develop the dedicated professionals whose insights, innovation, and hard work fuel our success and make us a global leader in financial services.
As a Manager, Retirement Sales Training , you will be responsible for the Learning and Development of Prudential Retirement's Sales and Distribution audiences. In this role, you will perform training needs analysis, strategy design, development and overall project management of learning projects. In addition, you will collaboratively partner with Learning and Development team members, including developers, to execute on learning deliverables.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned sales training professional with a proven track record of success in managing learning outcomes, preferably with experience in a fast-paced sales environment. In this role, you must possess balanced and effective leadership behaviors and exhibit seasoned consultative skills. As a Manager, Retirement Sales Training, you will be responsible for maintaining key relationships, managing sales learning, and playing a key contributor role as a senior-level learning professional within the learning organization. In addition, you will be required to acquire expertise across the entire sales process related to Retirement.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Program Management responsibility for developing and delivering sales curriculum that includes learning on product, sales skills, customer service and process.
- Simultaneously lead and manage several learning projects, including learning needs analysis, strategy design, development, implementation, evaluation and communicating learning to the organization.
- Design innovative learning strategies, including micro-learning and video solutions, to meet business requirements and provide key success measures.
- Utilize project management skills to define and meet project milestones, communicate issues and risks in a timely manner.
- Engage and consult with multiple leadership levels across a broad range of functional areas to identify scope, assess learning needs and build effective learning strategies.
- Proactively consult and partner with a wide range of cross functional partners and leaders to identify annual learning requirements.
- Act as a key Learning and Development liaison with assigned leaders to establish and maintain credibility as a trusted learning advisor.
- Drive user adoption of Learning and Development technology by messaging strategy and promoting learning initiatives.
- 5 years of experience in a sales corporate training environment, knowledge of Retirement products a plus
- Knowledge of adult learning principles , instructional design, curriculum development, learning management systems, and performance improvement methodologies
- Hands-on content design and development experience with excellent command of common authoring tools and course development methodologies (Microsoft PowerPoint, Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, Camtasia, InDesign, et al)
- Ability to lead and manage small to large scale learning initiatives, including project management, reporting, creation of project dashboards and executive summaries
- Proven success in establishing key relationships and exhibiting advanced influencing skills with al l levels of management and leadership
- Ability to foster collaboration, engagement and achieve alignment across a diverse range of stakeholders, business leaders and subject matter experts
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment with unexpected changes
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required. Master's degree, in adult learning, instructional design, or related field a plus
Back to top